Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Suggestion being played instead of search result

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceLG smartphoneOperating SystemAndroid 10 (clean install after support case, issue persists) My Question or IssueAfter returning a search result, it seems to be impossible to play exactly that song. Even using the ...

Screenshot_20211109-104341.png Screenshot_20211109-104432.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia Device LG smartphone Operating System Android 10 (clean install after support case, issue persists)   My Question or Issue After returning a search ...
  • öäüß
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • song search results
    song suggestions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo ver letras en cuentas secundarias premium familiar

PlanPremium FamiliarCountryChileDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10 plusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLa función letras de las canciones las puedo ver yo como contratante del plan familiar, pero el resto de dispositivos no puede acceder a ver las ...

• Plan Premium Familiar Country Chile Device Samsung Galaxy S10 plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue La función letras de las canciones las puedo ver yo como contratante ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution ANDROID AUTO. Paused automatically when i change the songs

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceSamsung A71 Operating SystemAndroid 11 connected with a UCONNECT central My Question or Issue Since a few days, when I change the song in Spotify using android auto, the screen shows "audio disabled" and I have to res...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Samsung A71  Operating System Android 11 connected with a UCONNECT central   My Question or Issue   Since a few days, when I change the...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android 11
    android auto
    pause
    uconnect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto and Spotify issues - SOLVED

Hi all,I wanted to make a post in hope that it helps others out even if it's just a little. For a long time I was having issues with the Spotify application when being used with Android Auto, the application would fail to resume play, wouldn't start ...

• Regular
  • Hi all, I wanted to make a post in hope that it helps others out even if it's just a little.   For a long time I was having issues with the Spotify application when being used with Android Au...
  • PhilBass
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • android auto
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Switch back to old Daily Drive options?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGalaxy S10 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 11 Recently, my Daily Drive updated the news from NPR Now and Snacks Daily first to some stuff that I am not a fan of. Is there a way to revert back to the old playlist order? And this ...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Galaxy S10 Plus Operating System Android 11   Recently, my Daily Drive updated the news from NPR Now and Snacks Daily first to some stuff that I am not a ...
  • FelixKulpa
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • idea
    Playlist Creation
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution “Your Library” Change

I’m not sure who’s idea it was to take away our library but I don’t like it at all. I cannot navigate my saved music, only by the albums. I thoroughly enjoyed the old set up, I will 100% be canceling if it doesn’t change back. I’m in love with Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m not sure who’s idea it was to take away our library but I don’t like it at all. I cannot navigate my saved music, only by the albums. I thoroughly enjoyed the old set up, I will 100% be canceling...
  • öäüß
  • Roadie
  • 27 replies
  • 60 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 60 likes

How do I remove songs from my library???

Unfortunately I had to reinstall Spotify. Having read how awful the changes in updates were I chose not to update for like 2 years now. Anyway, I've got the updated version now and I can not find anyway at all to remove songs from my library.I'm a hu...

• Regular
  • Unfortunately I had to reinstall Spotify. Having read how awful the changes in updates were I chose not to update for like 2 years now. Anyway, I've got the updated version now and I can not find any...
  • öäüß
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution My Echo only showing in Spotify when I say “Spotify Connect”

Hello we have five Amazon Echos (various versions) and all show available in my Spotify devices menu except our new Echo Dot kids edition. When I go to cast music I can cast to any Echo in our house except our new Echo dot kids. However when I say “A...

• Hello we have five Amazon Echos (various versions) and all show available in my Spotify devices menu except our new Echo Dot kids edition. When I go to cast music I can cast to any Echo in our house ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Fails to Resume Playing After Call

Hi allSame questions asked here but none of them solved my issue.My Spotify APP (android) fails to resume playing after i answer a call. I mean; when i am listening music on spotify and a call comes and i answer. After call finishes, spotify don't re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all Same questions asked here but none of them solved my issue. My Spotify APP (android) fails to resume playing after i answer a call. I mean; when i am listening music on spotify and a call co...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug in the song search list

Sir, In the search option, if we search for any songs, the three dots in for all songs doenst work. We can't add into playlists or check for any info directly. We have to play the song and then look for other options, which is really annoying. Please...

• Regular
  • Sir,        In the search option, if we search for any songs, the three dots in for all songs doenst work. We can't add into playlists or check for any info directly.  We ha...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermsnyDeviceXiaomi mi note 10 lite Operating SystemAndroid 11 Some of the songs in my Playlist disapeared and i can't find them with the Search option. I tried with an other device and found them and it said "spotify can't play thi...

• Plan Premium Country Germsny Device Xiaomi mi note 10 lite  Operating System Android 11   Some of the songs in my Playlist disapeared and i can't find them with the Search option. ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Every other song doesn't play

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceSony Xperia 1 IIIOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueEvery second song doesn't play audio.Got to restart the song manually or skip to end and repeat the song.Deleted all linked apps from account, deleted all app d...

• Plan Premium Country NL Device Sony Xperia 1 III Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Every second song doesn't play audio. Got to restart the song manually or skip to e...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • no audio
    recurring.
    silent playback
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se borran las descargas

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A52Operating SystemAndroid 11 ESTOY HARTO, ME TIENE PODRIDO RENEGAR CON LO MISMO SIEMPRE.Viajo dos horas y media por día y LO ÚNICO QUE PIDO, POR LO ÚNICO QUE PAGO SPOTIFY ES POR LA MÚSICA OFFLINE. En m...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Samsung Galaxy A52 Operating System Android 11   ESTOY HARTO, ME TIENE PODRIDO RENEGAR CON LO MISMO SIEMPRE. Viajo dos horas y media por día y LO ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not working correctly in car

PlanPremiumCountryCZDeviceOnePlus 7Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHello,I have bought new Android phone (OnePlus 7) and I am experiencing issues using Spotify in my car (BMW 5/F10, 2015):* Name of the song/artist is not visible in the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country CZ Device OnePlus 7 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hello, I have bought new Android phone (OnePlus 7) and I am experiencing issues using Spotif...
  • StephM24
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't listen to podcasts.

PlanPremiumDeviceLG Q6Operating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueFor weeks now I can't listen to podcasts. Every podcast I try to listen to doesn't play at all or it plays halting, even if I download it to listen offline. I have no problems to listen...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device LG Q6 Operating System Android My Question or Issue For weeks now I can't listen to podcasts. Every podcast I try to listen to doesn't play at all or it plays halting, even...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify For Andriod

(Andriod) Please fix the theme blend to support andriod's navigation and notification bar and also add swipe down to leave now playing bar please

• Regular
  • (Andriod) Please fix the theme blend to support andriod's navigation and notification bar and also add swipe down to leave now playing bar please 
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Facebook App bug - Solved

PlanPremiumCountryU.S. DeviceSamsung Galaxy s20 Ultra 5G (AT&T)Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHello,Im listening to spotify on my laptop. I decide to pull out my phone and scroll through the facebook app. If I click on anything on fac...

•   Plan Premium Country U.S.   Device Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra 5G (AT&T) Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hello, Im listening to spotify on my laptop....
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Facebook
    Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple issues with Spotify

Hi all, I've been having a number of issues with Spotify recently and it's starting to get to the point of weighing up my options or swapping to another music streaming service. I'm playing Spotify from my Oneplus 7 Pro mainly through my car via Blue...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,  I've been having a number of issues with Spotify recently and it's starting to get to the point of weighing up my options or swapping to another music streaming service.  I'm p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Radio] Bluetooth streaming does not update song details on radio

After the latest Android update, the songs details will no longer update when changing songs. Only the first songs information will show on the radio. Connection is via bluetooth.

• Visitor
  • After the latest Android update, the songs details will no longer update when changing songs. Only the first songs information will show on the radio. Connection is via bluetooth.
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android
    Radio
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Group session connection, sync and experience issues.

PlanMini Premium (1-week)CountryIndiaDeviceTried on: Micromax In Note 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI try creating a Group Session with my friend, but different songs keep playing. We tr...

• Plan Mini Premium (1-week) Country India Device Tried on: Micromax In Note 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I try crea...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes