Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No aparece el widget para controlar música en la pantalla de bloqueo

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceMotorola G6Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueDesde la última actualización no aparece el widget para controlar la música en la pantalla de bloqueo. Únicamente, la carátula del álbum como fondo de pantalla, pe...

•   Plan Premium Country México Device Motorola G6 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Desde la última actualización no aparece el widget para controlar la música en ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist hours different according to the devices.

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Tab AOperating SystemAndroid 11, Android 10 My IssueI have the same account on both of the devices, and my playlist too. But the number of hours of my playlist on my tablet is 86 hours and o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country France Device Samsung Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Tab A Operating System Android 11, Android 10   My Issue I have the same account on both of the devices, and my playlis...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot access spotify account via Google Assistant on Android

Plan : PremiumCountry : ThailandDevice : Galaxy S10+Operating System : Android 11My Question or Issue : I have a Spotify Premium account in Thailand. I have a Galaxy S10+. I am not sure exactly where Google thinks I am; maybe the U.S.? When I go to G...

• Plan : Premium Country : Thailand Device : Galaxy S10+ Operating System : Android 11 My Question or Issue :  I have a Spotify Premium account in Thailand.  I have a Galaxy S10...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't tap on the "liked songs" bottom song when using the searching bar

PlanFreeDeviceRedmi Note 6 ProOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIf I search for something in the search bar of "liked song" i cant choose the bottom song because the song currently playing is covering it.

• Plan Free Device Redmi Note 6 Pro Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue If I search for something in the search bar of "liked song" i cant choose the bottom song beca...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Your Episodes" indicates incorrect number of episodes

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueThe default (and unremovable) playlist "Your Episodes" indicates that the number of podcast episodes contained in it is 96 more than the actual num...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue The default (and unremovable) playlist "Your Episodes" indicates that t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution stuck in "waiting to download"

PlanPremiumCountryUSAndroidMy Question or IssueI have a new phone (something off-brand AT&T is forcing on me, long story) running Android with a sandisk 64G card.I re-installed Spotify and noticed that it was downloading to internal memory so I clear...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Android My Question or Issue I have a new phone (something off-brand AT&T is forcing on me, long story) running Android with a sandisk 64G card. I re-inst...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android - Audio books not playable

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMoto G 5G plusOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueUnfortunately I have massive problems with audio books since 16th, Sep. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app brought no improvement. Various albums and track...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Moto G 5G plus Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Unfortunately I have massive problems with audio books since 16th, Sep. &...
  • kade1245
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Why isn't crossfade working?

Hey I noticed someone reported this like, 3 years ago and on a completely different os. I use the Android app. And I've noticed my songs have started playing themselves out until the end instead of crossfading as I have it set. It seems to not care. ...

• Visitor
  • Hey I noticed someone reported this like, 3 years ago and on a completely different os. I use the Android app. And I've noticed my songs have started playing themselves out until the end instead of c...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The problem with the number of subscribers

Someone had such a bug, if you click on the favorite tracks tab in the artist's profile, then the subscribers line will be zero, although in reality this is not the case. And if before that you open a list of all subscriptions in your profile and the...

• Casual Listener
  • Someone had such a bug, if you click on the favorite tracks tab in the artist's profile, then the subscribers line will be zero, although in reality this is not the case. And if before that you open ...
  • Vaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Audio Wireless Audio skipping

PlanFreeDeviceSamsung A52s 5GOperating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueI have a Samsung A52s 5G with Android 11 and i'm using Android Auto wirelessly on a Kia Infotainment.The problem is that I get random mini skips (like old scratched CD), a cou...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Device Samsung A52s 5G Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue I have a Samsung A52s 5G with Android 11 and i'm using Android Auto wirelessly on a Kia Infotainment. ...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ads during music on Premium trial

I just signed up for the free trial on Spotify Premium. Why am I still getting ads during music playback? Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5GSpotify 8.6.62.1029Android 11 Samsung Galaxy Tab S7Spotify 8.6.58.994Android 11

• Visitor
  • I just signed up for the free trial on Spotify Premium. Why am I still getting ads during music playback?   Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Spotify 8.6.62.1029 Android 11   Samsung Galaxy...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution black player in the notification bar

Black square Spotify player in the notification bar. I don't know how to fix this, help! The stop and play buttons work, but they are bad. They are not even visible. And the player disappears all the time after 5 minutes. PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevi...

• Visitor
  • Black square Spotify player in the notification bar. I don't know how to fix this, help! The stop and play buttons work, but they are bad. They are not even visible. And the player disappears all the...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Entire playlists are now greyed out when I am using connect, wifi or data, on android devices

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs redownload

PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand Device(iPhone 7Operating System(iOS 11.4)Most of my downloaded songs recently were removed and then redownloaded. This is really annoying and shouldn't happen. I have seen posts back to 2013 saying they have the same pro...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand    Device (iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 11.4) Most of my downloaded songs recently were removed and then redownloaded.  This is really annoy...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution shuffle, where are you!?

Hi I have the Galaxy Watch 4. I'm sure I read that the shuffle function for offline music has now been rolled out but I cannot see the option anywhere on my watch. Any ideas? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have the Galaxy Watch 4. I'm sure I read that the shuffle function for offline music has now been rolled out but I cannot see the option anywhere on my watch.    Any ideas? ...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution High data usage without Spotify on and library disapear

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung S8+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLast month Spotify use 17.8 gig and the first 7 days of this month it's already at 3.76 gig. My settings are set for wifi download only and I have my personal librar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung S8+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Last month Spotify use 17.8 gig and the first 7 days of this month it's already at 3.76 g...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App showing title of one same song

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryíDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9 My Question or IssueHi folks, interesting issue here. It appears when I close the spotify app and reopen it. After I open the app, the part of the screen that is supposed to show the title of the ...

• Plan Premium Country Hungaryí Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9     My Question or Issue Hi folks, interesting issue here. It appears when I close the spotify app and reopen it. After I...
  • Gwen5
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No import button on Android device.

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Mate 20 proOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI don't have the option of importing my own music on my Huawei Mate 20 pro. My friend has a button called " add your own music from this device". I can't fin...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Mate 20 pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I don't have the option of importing my own music on my Huawei Mate 20 pr...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Queueing From Within a Filtered Playlist Changes Song list

The problem hapens in the following order: - Start playing from within a playlist- Filter within the playlist (such as typing an artist name)- Queue a song from within the filtered list Now, after the song is done, instead of playing from the full li...

• Casual Listener
  •   The problem hapens in the following order:   - Start playing from within a playlist - Filter within the playlist (such as typing an artist name) - Queue a song from within the filter...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App is redownloading the library every day

Hi guys, i found the corresponding thread from 2019 which was immediately closed. The app is re downloading the entire library every single day when I´m in my WiFi. Any solutions to this? (I am using a Huawei, up to date Android) Thanks.

• Hi guys,   i found the corresponding thread from 2019 which was immediately closed.   The app is re downloading the entire library every single day when I´m in my WiFi.  &nbs...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes