Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not reacting to playing music

I open the app and a random title I have played at some point will be on the playback bar. The play button won't do anything the pause button doesn't do anything. If I click on a song it will play it regardless of where I found the song. If I try to ...

• Visitor
  • I open the app and a random title I have played at some point will be on the playback bar. The play button won't do anything the pause button doesn't do anything. If I click on a song it will play it...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Ads

please lower the ads back to once every 30 minutes because it was the lack of ads that made this platform once great. Please, hold up to your reputation.

• Visitor
  • please lower the ads back to once every 30 minutes because it was the lack of ads that made this platform once great. Please, hold up to your reputation.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify meets Poweramp

As a musician and a music fan, I require a good sound experience. It would be great to have the Spotify's library in the Poweramp app. So we can take advantage using the Poweramp excelent equalizer, or, Spotify can provide us a good EQ and not using ...

• Casual Listener
  • As a musician and a music fan, I require a good sound experience. It would be great to have the Spotify's library in the Poweramp app. So we can take advantage using the Poweramp excelent equalizer, ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • eq
    Equalizer
    music
    poweramp
    quality
    sound
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs will not play

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid version 11 , spotify version 8.6.44.851My Question or IssueWhen i click on a song it doesnt play stays at 0:00. When i scrub through the song to the last 30 seconds of any song i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung galaxy A51 Operating System Android version 11 , spotify version 8.6.44.851 My Question or Issue When i click on a song it doesnt play sta...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Section for new episodes of podcasts I follow has disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI used to have a section on the main screen of the app that would show me new episodes of the podcasts I follow. It has disappeared completely, and a reinstall di...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I used to have a section on the main screen of the app that would show me ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Blocked album

PlanPremiumCountryrussia DeviceRedmi 9 Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueGood day, I have an issue with a specific album - The Sixty Nine Eyes album "Back in blood" (yes, the algorithm don't allow to write numbers here).So:Im a fan of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country russia  Device Redmi 9  Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue Good day, I have an issue with a specific album - The Sixty Nine Eyes album "Back in b...
  • Daytona_69
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle of Liked Songs not working

Currently running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a. I have about 2400 songs downloaded and saved into folders and playlists based on genre and band name. Because Spotify will not allow me to Shuffle play an entire folder (genre) , I've simply liked all my do...

• Regular
  • Currently running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a.      I have about 2400 songs downloaded and saved into folders and playlists based on genre and band name.  Because Spotify will not al...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Shuffle stuck
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Noob need help finding & loading a ((LOUD)) alarm sound

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • StevenTillson02
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

(Android) Using wireless charging in car continuously skips songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel 4 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueGot a iOttie wireless car charger a month or so ago (https://store.google.com/us/product/iottie_wireless_car_charger?noRedirect=true&hl=en-US). It was fine for a bit t...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Pixel 4 XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Got a iOttie wireless car charger a month or so ago (https://store.google.com/us/produ...
  • NewBrolivar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Podcasts] Podcasts: Sort by Recently added episodes

I think the default sorting for podcasts should be to sort by podcasts who have the newest episode. Right now it's based on when I started following that podcast.

• Visitor
  • I think the default sorting for podcasts should be to sort by podcasts who have the newest episode. Right now it's based on when I started following that podcast. 
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Other] I’ve tried everything

I’ve reset my phone and logged off on all devices but some songs just will not play even if I am connected to the internet. I have had premium for years and haven’t had a problem, I don’t know what’s happening now. It’s not just a playlist either it’...

• Visitor
  • I’ve reset my phone and logged off on all devices but some songs just will not play even if I am connected to the internet. I have had premium for years and haven’t had a problem, I don’t know what’s...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The repeat button causes the whole app to crash

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLG G8X (2019)Operating SystemAndroid 10IssueThis bug only recently appeared for me and I have not seen any mentions either in any of the community posts. When I start a new queue from my saved songs and press the repeat b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Device LG G8X (2019) Operating System Android 10 Issue This bug only recently appeared for me and I have not seen any mentions either in any of the community ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Not Working Properly

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A.DeviceGoogle Pixel 3a XLOperating SystemAndroid version 11 My Question or IssueJust a little bit ago, I switched from my earbuds to my Home Speaker Group, then after the song that was playing ended, the one that played before ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A. Device Google Pixel 3a XL Operating System Android version 11   My Question or Issue Just a little bit ago, I switched from my earbuds to my Home Speaker Gr...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Internet Connection Avaiable

PlanFamily Premium DeviceHuawei p smart 2018Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue Hello,I have this issue:When I open app on android smartphone it takes ages to open and then says " No Internet Connection Available" although I have strong wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium   Device Huawei p smart 2018 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue   Hello, I have this issue: When I open app on android smartphone it take...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Episodes Queue Not Counting Correctly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy S21Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe My Episodes tab does not count the number of podcasts correctly. It shows 14 episodes in the queue when only 12 are there. I have tried clearing c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue The My Episodes tab does not count the number of podcasts correctly...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play my dowloaded songs

PlanPremium DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My spotify won't play 99% of the songs I dowloaded anymore.To fix this issue I rebooted my device, logged in and out and even reinstalled the app and redowloaded 1000+ songs. It took for eve...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android 9   My spotify won't play 99% of the songs I dowloaded anymore. To fix this issue I rebooted my device, lo...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Podcasts] JRE Episode 1683

Episode #1683 crash @ 00:11 into show. Tried resetting app, updating app, phone restart, nada. No other podcasts affected, just this episode. Using app on Android 9, all recent updates applied.

• Visitor
  • Episode #1683 crash @ 00:11 into show. Tried resetting app, updating app, phone restart, nada. No other podcasts affected, just this episode. Using app on Android 9, all recent updates applied. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can you make it possible for me to listen to my music?

I don't have premium so my stuff us on shuffle which isn't much if a problem. But I would prefer to pick what song to start with at least as I have a whole playlist to calm myself down with if I have a panic attack but in order for it to work I need ...

• Visitor
  • I don't have premium so my stuff us on shuffle which isn't much if a problem. But I would prefer to pick what song to start with at least as I have a whole playlist to calm myself down with if I have...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify offline got removed and cannot log in due to i am offline after the phone restart?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMotorola G Power 2020Operating SystemAndroid 11 This is weird and annoying as heck. I have 128GB Micro SD card and motorola g power. I use my sd card as storage for offline music. I downloaded all my 700 songs for offline,...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Motorola G Power 2020 Operating System Android 11   This is weird and annoying as heck. I have 128GB Micro SD card and motorola g power. ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Advanced search in playlists

Why are the advanced search terms available in the normal search function not available in your personal playlists? I'm not sure about the desktop or web-application but it doesn't work on Android. I'm referring to these advanced search terms. I don'...

• Why are the advanced search terms available in the normal search function not available in your personal playlists? I'm not sure about the desktop or web-application but it doesn't work on Android. ...
  • JAFFY
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Improvement Suggestion
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes