Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artist following not working

Hi All,I know there's plenty of topics on this but mine's kind of unique. When I click follow on an artist page, as soon as i leave the page and go back the artist is unfollowed. They don't show up in my following list either, and even artists that a...

• Hi All, I know there's plenty of topics on this but mine's kind of unique. When I click follow on an artist page, as soon as i leave the page and go back the artist is unfollowed. They don't show up...
  • idehm0lotvoonnd
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Yes album artwork

Is it possible to remove the horrific 'DELUXE EDITION' banners from Yes album covers?Yes albums are renowed for their amazing Roger Dean artwork, and yet they have this yellow border declaring the albums to be 'Deluxe Edition' and totally defacing th...

• Visitor
  • Is it possible to remove the horrific 'DELUXE EDITION' banners from Yes album covers? Yes albums are renowed for their amazing Roger Dean artwork, and yet they have this yellow border declaring th...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Can't log in. Says "You are currently set to offline"

I set Spotify to offline mode, and I accidentally got logged out. Now when I'm trying to log back in, I get an error message saying, "You are currently set to offline," and there are two options; one is "connect" while the other is "cancel." I presse...

• Visitor
  • I set Spotify to offline mode, and I accidentally got logged out. Now when I'm trying to log back in, I get an error message saying, "You are currently set to offline," and there are two options; one...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution playlists not opening up

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8, My Question or Issuephone will not open up certain playlist or albums, they show in my library but when I go to open them up I get the green circle of death, I have cleared everything and even reinstalled it...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 8,     My Question or Issue phone will not open up certain playlist or albums, they show in my library but when I go to op...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Your Library] Wrong song playing whilst status bar not moving

So not sure what has caused this issue in the app (I have recently updated to an S20+ and readded Spotify to my Samsung watch), but when I want to play a song from a playlist the song showing won't play but another from my playlist will. Also the bar...

• Visitor
  • So not sure what has caused this issue in the app (I have recently updated to an S20+ and readded Spotify to my Samsung watch), but when I want to play a song from a playlist the song showing won't p...
  • CarlosE
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Random shutdown

Hello,Plan: PremiumCountry: FranceDevice: Pixel 5Operating System: Andoird 11My Question or IssueAfter a few second in background, Spotify just shutdown itselfi removed "optimize" from android optioni don't have any kind of battery saveri made a clea...

• Hello, Plan: Premium Country: France Device: Pixel 5 Operating System: Andoird 11 My Question or Issue After a few second in background, Spotify just shutdown itself i removed "optimize" ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Delay, if Spotify inactive for a while, with incorrect "No internet connection available" message

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueNormally Spotify works fine. However, if it has been inactive for an hour or so there is very often a delay of 30 seconds before it plays a song. The app appears to open O...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Pixel 5 Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue Normally Spotify works fine.  However, if it has been inactive for an hour or so there is very of...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Delay
    no internet connection available
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline mode - downloaded albums only play shuffle

Plan - premium duoCountry - CanadaAndroid 10 Tried clean reinstall, logging out and in, deleting cache etc. several times. I only have 1 account. Issue is happening on 2 android devices. In offline mode, downloaded albums only show album cover, "shuf...

• Music Fan
  • Plan - premium duo Country - Canada Android 10   Tried clean reinstall, logging out and in, deleting cache etc. several times. I only have 1 account. Issue is happening on 2 android devices....
  • st8u
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Android version unable to play any song only from the 3/4 of it

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10 eOperating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueAfter the recent update whenever I want to play a song and tap on it it is showing that it started but the timer and the song won't start only if I seek ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Samsung Galaxy S10 e Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue After the recent update whenever I want to play a song and tap on it it is s...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Freezing
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Randomly skipping Liked Songs when connected to Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro GlobalOperating SystemAndroid 10 + MIUI 12.0.2Spotify App Version8.6.44.851 My Question or IssueHello there, whenever I connect my phone to a car (doesn't matter which one, I've tried three cars ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Global Operating System Android 10 + MIUI 12.0.2 Spotify App Version 8.6.44.851   My Question or Issue Hello there, whenev...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Radio] Give us back the radio!!

I have been premium member for a long time, this app USED to be the best music app there was. I'm not going to get into all the irritating updates you guys have been rolling out that NO ONE likes or wanted. Bring back the radio option you just took d...

• Visitor
  • I have been premium member for a long time, this app USED to be the best music app there was. I'm not going to get into all the irritating updates you guys have been rolling out that NO ONE likes or ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Social] instagram different display-frame

what happened to old display of instagram stories it was basically just a square shaped frame why did you even change it it was awesome and now it sucks its like a cubey thing that i don't even know how to describe what it is. is there a way that i c...

• Visitor
  • what happened to old display of instagram stories it was basically just a square shaped frame why did you even change it it was awesome and now it sucks its like a cubey thing that i don't even know ...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Social
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not reacting to playing music

I open the app and a random title I have played at some point will be on the playback bar. The play button won't do anything the pause button doesn't do anything. If I click on a song it will play it regardless of where I found the song. If I try to ...

• Visitor
  • I open the app and a random title I have played at some point will be on the playback bar. The play button won't do anything the pause button doesn't do anything. If I click on a song it will play it...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Ads

please lower the ads back to once every 30 minutes because it was the lack of ads that made this platform once great. Please, hold up to your reputation.

• Visitor
  • please lower the ads back to once every 30 minutes because it was the lack of ads that made this platform once great. Please, hold up to your reputation.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify meets Poweramp

As a musician and a music fan, I require a good sound experience. It would be great to have the Spotify's library in the Poweramp app. So we can take advantage using the Poweramp excelent equalizer, or, Spotify can provide us a good EQ and not using ...

• Casual Listener
  • As a musician and a music fan, I require a good sound experience. It would be great to have the Spotify's library in the Poweramp app. So we can take advantage using the Poweramp excelent equalizer, ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • eq
    Equalizer
    music
    poweramp
    quality
    sound
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs will not play

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid version 11 , spotify version 8.6.44.851My Question or IssueWhen i click on a song it doesnt play stays at 0:00. When i scrub through the song to the last 30 seconds of any song i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung galaxy A51 Operating System Android version 11 , spotify version 8.6.44.851 My Question or Issue When i click on a song it doesnt play sta...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Section for new episodes of podcasts I follow has disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI used to have a section on the main screen of the app that would show me new episodes of the podcasts I follow. It has disappeared completely, and a reinstall di...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I used to have a section on the main screen of the app that would show me ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Blocked album

PlanPremiumCountryrussia DeviceRedmi 9 Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueGood day, I have an issue with a specific album - The Sixty Nine Eyes album "Back in blood" (yes, the algorithm don't allow to write numbers here).So:Im a fan of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country russia  Device Redmi 9  Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue Good day, I have an issue with a specific album - The Sixty Nine Eyes album "Back in b...
  • Daytona_69
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle of Liked Songs not working

Currently running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a. I have about 2400 songs downloaded and saved into folders and playlists based on genre and band name. Because Spotify will not allow me to Shuffle play an entire folder (genre) , I've simply liked all my do...

• Regular
  • Currently running Android 11 on a Pixel 4a.      I have about 2400 songs downloaded and saved into folders and playlists based on genre and band name.  Because Spotify will not al...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Shuffle stuck
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes