Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android]

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceSamsung Galaxy M21Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen browsing a list of podcast episodes it keeps returing to the top - the newest episodes on its own, despite me scrolling down.When filtered by the date fr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Samsung Galaxy M21 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When browsing a list of podcast episodes it keeps returing to the top - the newest...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Notification Shade Player Bugged

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy Note20Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueMy notification shade is bugged and will not allow me to dismiss songs that are not playing. It's caused many issues with my music playing and will make ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy Note20 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue My notification shade is bugged and will not allow me to dismiss song...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Zenfone 6] app trouble

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceAsus Zenfone 6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueApp won't launch 90% of the time, and when it does it's not responding, did a reinstall without any results. Trouble started after last update.

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Asus Zenfone 6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue App won't launch 90% of the time, and when it does it's not responding, did a reinstal...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Discover] What happened to the artist biographies on Spotify?

I'm a premium user on Windows and Android.There used to be artist Bios/Backgrounds. They were easily accessed. Currently the only choices I seem to have are:-Following-Going to artist radio-Report-Share Have the Bios and backgrounds been eliminated?K...

• I'm a premium user on Windows and Android. There used to be artist Bios/Backgrounds. They were easily accessed.   Currently the only choices I seem to have are: -Following -Going to artist ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

add a non spotify

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Galaxy 7)Operating System(Android) My Question or Issuei want to add a non spotify music on my android bc i didn't want to sync my desktop to my android so where to put my downloaded music for it to apear in spotify

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (Galaxy 7) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue i want to add a non spotify music on my android bc i didn't want to sync my desktop to m...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android app stuck after playing on google cast

PlanPremiumCountrySerbiaDevice(Xiaomi Mi Note 10)Operating System(Android 11)My Question or IssueHi,Starting from couple of days ago there is really irritating issue with Spotify App.When listening playlist on Google Home Mini speaker via google cast...

• Plan Premium Country Serbia Device (Xiaomi Mi Note 10) Operating System (Android 11) My Question or Issue Hi, Starting from couple of days ago there is really irritating issue with Spotify ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution No internet connection

I tried everything and I'm just about to just cancel my subscribtion. I'm paying for premium without being able to use it on my phone. It does that when I'm on mobile data and on wifi. When I reinstall the app it works for about 30 minutes before it ...

• Visitor
  • I tried everything and I'm just about to just cancel my subscribtion. I'm paying for premium without being able to use it on my phone. It does that when I'm on mobile data and on wifi.    ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesnt always auto play when my car connects.

PlanPremium - TrialCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung A71Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I seem to have 2 or 3 problems. 1. Spotify seems to bug out because sometimes when I start my car and the blue tooth tries to kick in but the display say...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium - Trial Country Australia Device Samsung A71 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   I seem to have 2 or 3 problems.   1. Spotify seems to bug out b...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shortcut for adding all the songs from one playlist to another

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy M02Operating SysteAndroid v10 My Question or IssueHi team, just wanted to know if there is a way/short cut to copy songs from one playlist to other. Also, is there a way wherein the user can select all the ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Samsung Galaxy M02 Operating Syste Android v10   My Question or Issue Hi team, just wanted to know if there is a way/short cut to copy songs from one ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to remove audio seek in dropdown notification bar?

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceHuawei P30 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSo I recently update to Android 10, and one of the features is the seekable audio in the dropdown notification bar. I hate it. It takes up space, I acci...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device Huawei P30 Lite Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue So I recently update to Android 10, and one of the features is the seekable ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting local files to work on your mobile (2020 Edition)

I am starting a new topic for getting local files working on mobile devices as it's just taken me a good 3 hours to get a few songs that were ALREADY ON MY PHONE to work in the spotify app.It's good to see that you guys haven't fixed this, when there...

• Music Fan
  • ...ecurity > Windows Security > Firewall & Network Protection. Once here, click all 3 options (Domain, Private & Public Network) and turn the firewall OFF. Ensure both your mobile AND PC a...
  • gaRRycaRRyer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    firewall
    local files
    Mobile
    music
    Offline Access
    PC
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Android is broken for me

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 Crown Operating SystemAndroid 9 "Pie" My Question or IssueI cannot get Spotify on Android to work at all this week... When I start up the app, Spotify will sometimes lock up almost immediately, forc...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown  Operating System Android 9 "Pie"   My Question or Issue I cannot get Spotify on Android to work at all this week......
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Android]Please add category "Discovered on" in mobile app

PlanFree/PremiumCountryPLDeviceHTC U11Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueI have a suggestion, As we know, there is a category "Discovered on" on artists Page, via the desktop app.Would you please implement this feature in mobile version?...

• Composer
  • Plan Free/Premium Country PL Device HTC U11 Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue I have a suggestion, As we know, there is a category "Discovered on" on artists Page, vi...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lock screen not able to skip

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThe skip song button on the lock screen of my phone will not let me skip and is greyed out.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The skip song button on the lock screen of my phone will not let me skip and...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

hey google does not work when Spotify is on

PlanPremiumDevice(Samsung Note 9)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueI say Hey google play music.I have it set to work when the screen is off. It is just fine, it starts playing a song for me using Spotify.But then the assistant stops liste...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device (Samsung Note 9) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue I say Hey google play music. I have it set to work when the screen is off. It is just fine, it sta...
  • Tim3036
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • assistant
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution My Tablet says "No internet connection available" on PdaNet hotspot.

PlanFamily CountryUSADeviceONN 10.1" Tablet ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSpotify always is offline when I'm on my PdaNet hotspot, It doesn't go offline on my mobile hotspot (which I have a limited amount of data on so I have to u...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family  Country USA Device ONN 10.1" Tablet Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify always is offline when I'm on my PdaNet hotspot, It doesn't go offl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add to queue from S8 when listening on Mackbook Air

Plan/PremiumUSA Device S8, Macbook AirOperating System10.15.7 macos catalina - Android V9 listening on my downloaded app on Mackbook air and can't add to or edit queue from S8. Tried restart, reinstall.

•   Plan /Premium USA   Device  S8, Macbook Air Operating System 10.15.7 macos catalina - Android  V9   listening on my downloaded app on Mackbook air and can't add t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics in Family Plan

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceRealme 6 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy account is not showing lyrics, I created a new account and works just well. I was wondering if there's a way to make it work with my old account and in case ther...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Realme 6 Pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue My account is not showing lyrics, I created a new account and works just well. I was wo...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Family Plan
    lyrics
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queuing songs causes playback to stop

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOppo A72Operating SystemColorOS When a track is queued, the track doesnt play and instead stops the rest of the playlist playing as well. If you play a different track directly after this happens it will play that song and t...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Oppo A72 Operating System ColorOS   When a track is queued, the track doesnt play and instead stops the rest of the playlist playing as well. If you play ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't pick a certain song from a playlist

Hello, I'd like to use my spotify app on galaxy watch one but the problem is its playing the first song on my playlist and I find no options to pick a certain song from my list to start with What if I've a 1000 song playlist, should i press forward l...

• Regular
  • Hello, I'd like to use my spotify app on galaxy watch one but the problem is its playing the first song on my playlist and I find no options to pick a certain song from my list to start with   ...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes