Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to Like Songs

My Question or IssueHi, after the new update that was put out on the Google Play Store this week I have been unable to like any songs in the app. I have cleared the cache for the app but that hasn't made any difference. I am able to search for songs/...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue Hi, after the new update that was put out on the Google Play Store this week I have been unable to like any songs in the app. I have cleared the cache for the app but that hasn'...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Other] Music control

I miss the days when you could pull down your notification board and Spotify would be there with music control so that we could switch songs or pause. Now you have to pull down the notification board hit the media button select the app and only then ...

• Visitor
  • I miss the days when you could pull down your notification board and Spotify would be there with music control so that we could switch songs or pause.   Now you have to pull down the notificat...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist order since update

PlanPremiumCountry Sweden DeviceOperating System(Android) My Question or IssueThe new way of ordering playlists has made making playlists impossible for me. I have hundreds of playlists and it's hard to find the ones you want because spotify randomly...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden   Device Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue The new way of ordering playlists has made making playlists impossible for me. I hav...
  • ericmi
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 54 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 54 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify CRASHES when connected to a receiver and displaying the lyrics.

PlanPremiumCountryColombia, however I use a VPN sometimes. (I was not using it while the issue was happening) DeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI connect Spotify to a Yamaha R-N303 receiver, while connected, sometimes...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Colombia, however I use a VPN sometimes. (I was not using it while the issue was happening)   Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question ...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app crashing
    lyrics
    receiver
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Long Press Menus on Album or Song no longer work

Long pressing albums or songs no longer brings up a menu. This means I have to rely on accurately hitting the triple elipses for most things, where if i miss it'll start playing that song. Or for albums i need to tap through to the album before being...

• Music Fan
  • Long pressing albums or songs no longer brings up a menu. This means I have to rely on accurately hitting the triple elipses for most things, where if i miss it'll start playing that song. Or for alb...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files cannot play

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueImported local files on my PC, adding the files to a play list, and downloaded the playlist. Except the files cannot be played as expected: the two songs I tested...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Imported local files on my PC, adding the files to a play list, and downloaded the pla...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] If I like a song a heart on Android does not get red, is it a bug?

Can you please fix it since a GUI does not give me a hint that I actually liked a song. There is a risk that I click one more time and then I will unheart it...

• Regular
  • Can you please fix it since a GUI does not give me a hint that I actually liked a song. There is a risk that I click one more time and then I will unheart it...
  • 2milho
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Screen stuck on album cover that isnt currently playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 10eOperating SystemAndroid 10Spotify Version8.5.70.484 My Question or IssueSpotify screen will get stuck on album of song not currently playing will also randomly pause. Tapping the backward button starts it ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 10e Operating System Android 10 Spotify Version 8.5.70.484   My Question or Issue Spotify screen will get stuck on album of song not cu...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleted account

My google account had been deleted for some cause and I couldn't login into it, I had the the right password and email but it showed an error saying wrong email/pass, I contacted spotify support regarding this issue, they told that they could only he...

• Visitor
  • My google account had been deleted for some cause and I couldn't login into it, I had the the right password and email but it showed an error saying wrong email/pass, I contacted spotify support rega...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album art on lock screen sometimes not working

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceLG v60Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueThe album art on my lock screen sometimes won't show when I play music from spotify. It works if I change the song on the lock screen and rarely if I change it in the app. ...

Screenshot_20210511-232904.png Screenshot_20210511-232855.png
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device LG v60 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue The album art on my lock screen sometimes won't show when I play music from spotify...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Still you didn't fixed the un-downloading issues

still after note 4 age and hundreds of complains you failed to fix the main premium feature, downloads what are disappearing PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20ULTRA, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, PX5 Operating SystemAndroid 10, Android 8, And...

• Casual Listener
  • still after note 4 age and hundreds of complains you failed to fix the main premium feature, downloads what are disappearing   Plan Premium Country Greece Device Samsung Galaxy S20ULTRA, ...
  • TimPod
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads randomly lost
    Undownloading
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Playlist descriptions get cut off

Currently, at least on Android mobile, certain Playlist descriptions, including some made by Spotify, get cut off on the home screen, and there doesn't seem to be a way to read the full description of it, even after clicking into the Playlist. In fac...

• Currently, at least on Android mobile, certain Playlist descriptions, including some made by Spotify, get cut off on the home screen, and there doesn't seem to be a way to read the full description o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played shortcuts

Hi all! Something has really really been bugging me recently I mainly use Spotify on my phone a Samsung galaxy s10 has anybody else noticed the shortcuts at the top of the home page is no longer updating? It used to update regularly but it's been stu...

Polish_20210508_233200648.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Hi all!    Something has really really been bugging me recently I mainly use Spotify on my phone a Samsung galaxy s10 has anybody else noticed the shortcuts at the top of the home page is...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notification not updating (red magic 5g)

Notification doesn't update in notification bar but it does up date in notification logPlanPremiumCountryAUDevicered magic 5gOperating SystemAndroid 10,11 (NX659J_UNCommon_8.57) My Question or IssueNotification needs fixing

• Regular
  • Notification doesn't update in notification bar but it does up date in notification log Plan Premium Country AU Device red magic 5g Operating System Android 10,11 (NX659J_UNCommon_8.57) &nbs...
  • CarlosE
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song plays, stops mid-way, then switches to radio

For the past few months, I'll open a playlist and select a song and it will play. Then about 20-seconds into the song, it'll suddenly stop and switch to the radio. This happens whether I select a specific song or select "Shuffle". Sometimes, I can go...

• Music Fan
  • For the past few months, I'll open a playlist and select a song and it will play.  Then about 20-seconds into the song, it'll suddenly stop and switch to the radio.  This happens whether I ...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues with streaming music and clicking on playlists and artists

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSo what's been happening since the last update (version 8.6.24.918) I've been experiencing some problems with streaming songs and clicking on playlists/ars...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue So what's been happening since the last update (version 8.6.24.918) I've been e...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to access desktop app

I'm trying to combine 2 playlists together. Apparently we don't have the technology to do that on mobile but it was suggested to use the Desktop webapp.I put my browser in Desktop mode but it just loads the mobile Spotify page in desktop format.How d...

• Regular
  • I'm trying to combine 2 playlists together. Apparently we don't have the technology to do that on mobile but it was suggested to use the Desktop webapp. I put my browser in Desktop mode but it just ...
  • gabelesma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My widget is just to big...

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSony Xperia 10 IIOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueMy widget for Spotify is huge, want it less big. It doesn't look good at all.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Sony Xperia 10 II Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue My widget for Spotify is huge, want it less big. It doesn't look good at all.
  • mrcvlsngcm
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes