Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: [Android] I play a song but no music can be heard

Device - Huawei P30 ProOS version - EMUI 11.0.0.138Version - 8.6.12.968 Issue - randomly, between songs, the volume rapidly lowers to muted by itself. This happens on the app on my phone, whether I am using headphones or not, whether I am touching th...

• Device - Huawei P30 Pro OS version - EMUI 11.0.0.138 Version - 8.6.12.968   Issue - randomly, between songs, the volume rapidly lowers to muted by itself. This happens on the app on my phone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Ads stop playing until I hit the back button

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevicePendoo x10 MAX (Android TV Box)Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify stops ads a little more than half way through. Specifically the mcdonalds one where it lists their COVID procedures, it just stops on the ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device Pendoo x10 MAX (Android TV Box) Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify stops ads a little more than half way through.  Specifica...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist name or album title

When playing a particular playlist from spotify or even my own playlists the 'playlist name' or album title used to show at the top of the screen. It was a great and really useful feature as you could tap the song that was playing and then the playli...

• When playing a particular playlist from spotify or even my own playlists the 'playlist name' or album title used to show at the top of the screen. It was a great and really useful feature as you coul...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Video podcasts on Nvidia Shield?

When can I expect an update to the Nvidia Shield App to support video podcasts like JRE?It seems mind blowing that I can watch a video podcast on my phone but can only play the audio on my TV.

• Visitor
  • When can I expect an update to the Nvidia Shield App to support video podcasts like JRE? It seems mind blowing that I can watch a video podcast on my phone but can only play the audio on my TV. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wouldn't use SD card as storage

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note9Operating SystemAndroid 10 A few days ago I noticed that Spotify was no longer storing downloads on my SD card. But when I went to Spotify's Settings > Storage and re-checked "SD card," I got an error me...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note9 Operating System Android 10   A few days ago I noticed that Spotify was no longer storing downloads on my SD card.  But when I ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is totally unresponsive with data moved to SD card

Is it even possible to move data to SD card without having some real issues with the speed and responsiveness of the app? I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a reasonably fast Samsung MicroSDXC 256GB EVO (read: 100 MB/s, write: 90 MB/s) a...

• Is it even possible to move data to SD card without having some real issues with the speed and responsiveness of the app? I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with a reasonably fast Samsung Mic...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Data Storage
    microSD
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No lock screen options

DeviceRealme 7 5g Operating SystemAndroid 10 (Realme UI) My Question or IssueI am trying to get Spotify to appear on my lock screen. The system "music" app does appear on my lock screen and I've attached a screenshot of the settings. In comparison th...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Realme 7 5g   Operating System Android 10 (Realme UI)   My Question or Issue I am trying to get Spotify to appear on my lock screen. The system "music" app does appear on my l...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify glitching and then crashing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceOppo r11sOperating SystemColor OS My Question or IssueEver since a patch that was released on tuesday my spotify is constantly crashing. I will be listening to music and after a few songs it will all of a sudden stop ...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Oppo r11s Operating System Color OS   My Question or Issue Ever since a patch that was released on tuesday my spotify is constantly crashing. I wi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] For the love of God, please stop forgetting to autoshuffle my playlists

If I'm not following posting guidelines then please forgive me, I don't have time to learn all of the guidelines and Spotify makes it mighty difficult to provide feedback unless you post on these forums, which is another idea on what needs to be fixe...

• Visitor
  • If I'm not following posting guidelines then please forgive me, I don't have time to learn all of the guidelines and Spotify makes it mighty difficult to provide feedback unless you post on these for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify plays on both phone and computer at the same time on 8.6+

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S21+Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday, I created a new account, and added it under a Duo Plan Membership. I downloaded the Desktop app, and the Mobile app, and for some reason, I'm able to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S21+ Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue Today, I created a new account, and added it under a Duo Plan Membership. I...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Like button likes the song but doesn't add it to Liked songs

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 I recently started to use Spotify again after around quite a lot years using the recently closed Google Play and I'm finding quite a lot of struggles the service, but I will le...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android 9.0   I recently started to use Spotify again after around quite a lot years using the recently closed Googl...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    cap
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast ending prematurely

Listening to a podcast with talk and music (60 Songs That Explain the 90s) that has podcast discussion followed by a Spotify song. The talk portion of the podcast ends prematurely and goes right into the song. This is a recent problem that wasn't hap...

• Listening to a podcast with talk and music (60 Songs That Explain the 90s) that has podcast discussion followed by a Spotify song. The talk portion of the podcast ends prematurely and goes right into...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone won't connect to spotify app on car headunit

Phone: Samsung J7 (2016)Headunit: Pioneer AVH-3100DAB (installed in 2019)Ever since installing the unit, using the Spotify app has been no problem to use until a few weeks ago. It refuses to connect or see the phone when trying to use the app, but us...

• Casual Listener
  • Phone: Samsung J7 (2016) Headunit: Pioneer AVH-3100DAB (installed in 2019) Ever since installing the unit, using the Spotify app has been no problem to use until a few weeks ago.  It refuses ...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists not showing on galaxy 3 watch

Plan PremiumCountry Uk Operating SystemGalaxy watch 3/ galaxy s20 ultra My Question or IssueWhen opening app on my watch only a small number of my playlists are shown.Even deleting/ reinstalling does not work, it is always the same playlists shown an...

• Plan Premium Country Uk   Operating System Galaxy watch 3/ galaxy s20 ultra   My Question or Issue When opening app on my watch only a small number of my playlists are shown. E...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify draining my mobile data even when the cellular download is turned off

Hi, I have and issue with Spotify in my phone for some months. The application stared to drain my mobile data in large quantities even when I'm listening only to downloaded albums and having cellular download option turned off. I have Nokia 7 Plus ru...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have and issue with Spotify in my phone for some months. The application stared to drain my mobile data in large quantities even when I'm listening only to downloaded albums and having...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing to instagram stories opens up camera

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello, so with the latest update, I cannot share my music to instagram stories anymore. Whenever I hit share button, it opens up camera for stories but not ...

• Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello, so with the latest update, I cannot share my music to instagram stories a...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cannot share instagram stories

PlanPremiumCountry Germany DeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 FEOperating SystemAndroid 11, One ui 3.1 My Question or IssueHello, I've got a new Android phone recently and now the function to share songs/playlists from Spotify does not work. Under sharing I ca...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Germany   Device Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Operating System Android 11, One ui 3.1   My Question or Issue Hello, I've got a new Android phone recen...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify cannot share Instagram stories
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Müzikler inmiyor

PlanPremiumÜlkeTürkiyecihaz(Xiaomi mi5)Çalış sistemiAndroid 8.0 Premium kullanıcısıyımSon güncellemeyi yaptıktan sonra program kitaplığa eklediğim müzikleri indirmemeye başladı.Kitaplığımdaki bir çok müzik şuan yüklü değil sorunumun bir an önce düzel...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Ülke Türkiye cihaz (Xiaomi mi5) Çalış sistemi Android 8.0     Premium kullanıcısıyım Son güncellemeyi yaptıktan sonra program kitaplığa eklediğim müzikleri indirmeme...
  • CihanKasay
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

[Android][Developer] Spotify keeps crashing

When I'm running or working and keep Spotify playing while my phone is locked after about 4 or 5 songs, the app crashes. I have to then stop what I'm doing, open my phone, open the app again. Anyone else having this problem?

• Visitor
  • When I'm running or working and keep Spotify playing while my phone is locked after about 4 or 5 songs, the app crashes. I have to then stop what I'm doing,  open my phone, open the app again. A...
  • sophselj
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does not work on lg velvet

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceLG Velvet 5G 2020Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueJust bought an LG velvet 5G and every app is working perfectly except for Spotify. Reinstalled it about 10 times and tried multiple accounts, but nothi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device LG Velvet 5G 2020 Operating System Android 10     My Question or Issue Just bought an LG velvet 5G and every app is working perfec...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes