Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play "Local Files" in my Pixel

I can play my local MP3s in my MacBook Pro but unable to play it on my Android (Pixel) phone. Is this because of an update?

• Casual Listener
  • I can play my local MP3s in my MacBook Pro but unable to play it on my Android (Pixel) phone. Is this because of an update?
  • cnd4747
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify no longer plays via bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemSuddenly Spotify no longer plays via Bluetooth, if Bluetooth is connected (ticked for calls and audio) it still plays via the phone speaker, adjusting the volume on the phone it will sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Suddenly Spotify no longer plays via Bluetooth, if Bluetooth is connected (ticked for calls and audio) it still plays vi...
  • darthcabs
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app killing play store downloads

Country: CanadaSamsung Galaxy S10, running Android 10 on the November security patch For the past couple months, Spotify is killing my Play store downloads. As long as Spotify is installed, 90% of the time I go to download apps, they will get stuck i...

• Gig Goer
  • Country: Canada Samsung Galaxy S10, running Android 10 on the November security patch     For the past couple months, Spotify is killing my Play store downloads. As long as Spotify is i...
  • Eni
  • 46 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] App keeps crashing, getting stuck on now playing & stops playing contiously.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung s20+ My Question or IssueFor the past couple of weeks the app keeps freezing and doesn't let me click or play anything, then when it does tracks get stuck on the now playing screen and I'm unable to control anything...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device Samsung s20+  My Question or Issue For the past couple of weeks the app keeps freezing and doesn't let me click or play anything, then when it does tr...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trying to play Spotify over Mobile Game

PlanPremiumCountryAmericaDeviceSamsung A10eOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play my Spotify Music over my Mobile Game (Azur Lane), after a minute or two of playing, Spotify will close. I have tried Pausing Spotify, going ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country America Device Samsung A10e Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play my Spotify Music over my Mobile Game (Azur Lane), after a minute...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Connect] Stream MP3 files from my computer

As the title states, I want to be able to Stream MP3 files from my computer, through the Spotify App On my Phone Or Add MP3 files to the Spotify App by connecting my Phone to my computer and copying the files to the Spotify App Via windows explorer. ...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title states, I want to be able to Stream MP3 files from my computer, through the Spotify App On my Phone Or Add MP3 files to the Spotify App by connecting my Phone to my computer and copying ...
  • lenherr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Discord/Spotify Song Bug

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei P30Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueMy songs have "null" in the name, or some have numbers. No covers won't pop up on my side. I can see other people Songs, but not mine. For more details look in th...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei P30 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue My songs have "null" in the name, or some have numbers. No covers won't pop up on my s...
  • wGabi
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Broken playlist system

To start, this isn't my premium account, I've forgotten the password to that one for the moment and don't want to mess with my phone's auto password fill Today I went to consolidate all my playlists into one list, but ever since I updated the app, th...

• To start, this isn't my premium account, I've forgotten the password to that one for the moment and don't want to mess with my phone's auto password fill   Today I went to consolidate all my p...
  • CarlosE
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps crashing once screen is locked

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei P20 liteOperating SystemAndroid 9.1My Question or IssueHello,I've searched for solutions in threads with similar problems to no avail. My app simply closes once I lock my screen. I have tried logging in and out, cle...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Huawei P20 lite Operating System Android 9.1 My Question or Issue Hello, I've searched for solutions in threads with similar problems to no avail.   ...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant view lyrics in Android 10

Plan(Free)Country(Bangladesh)Device(Xiaomi Mi Note 3)Operating System(Android 10) My Question or IssueCan't view lyrics in Spotify. Tried in both PC and Android app. But logging via my brothers account through the same app - his account shows lyrics....

• Visitor
  • Plan (Free) Country (Bangladesh) Device (Xiaomi Mi Note 3) Operating System (Android 10)   My Question or Issue Can't view lyrics in Spotify. Tried in both PC and Android app. But logg...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

(Using SPOTIFY app on Android) unable to connect to Sonos speakers

This issue has only emerged in the last 24 hours, and despite updating/resetting both Spotify & Sonos, and logging out/in of both, I am unable to resolve. Using the SPOTIFY app on android, when selecting 'connect to a device' or 'select a device' my ...

• Visitor
  • This issue has only emerged in the last 24 hours, and despite updating/resetting both Spotify & Sonos, and logging out/in of both, I am unable to resolve.   Using the SPOTIFY app on androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A bug in my android spotify

Hey there!Since I change my account from premium to the duo\couple premuime and added my bf (don't know if it is connected to the broblem or not) the player is stuck showing the same song even though I put different songs.Sometimes the player just st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there! Since I change my account from premium to the duo\couple premuime and added my bf (don't know if it is connected to the broblem or not) the player is stuck showing the same song even thou...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant listen on android phone

PlanFreeCountrysri lankaDeviceSamsung galaxy j400FOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issueevery time i try to play some song on my android phone nothing except for the play button works and when i click it nothing happens but the moment i swit...

• Plan Free Country sri lanka Device Samsung galaxy j400F Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue every time i try to play some song on my android phone nothing except for the...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play but Spotify Lite does

PlanFreeCountryPeruDeviceSamsung Galaxy A01 CoreOperating SystemAndroid 10 Go Edition My Question or IssueI've been using Spotify Lite since forever but as I bought a new phone, a low budget one, decided to give Spotify a try, I uninstalled Spotify L...

• Plan Free Country Peru Device Samsung Galaxy A01 Core Operating System Android 10 Go Edition   My Question or Issue I've been using Spotify Lite since forever but as I bought a new pho...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App wont sync liked songs with the web browser

PlanPremiumCountryUnited statesDeviceGalaxy j7 starOperating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or IssueI cant get my likes playlist to sync with the web browser version ( I use Chrome on Windows) of the playlist all of the other playlists seem to w...

• Plan Premium Country United states Device Galaxy j7 star Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue I cant get my likes playlist to sync with the web browser version ( I...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    liked songs
    liked songs missing
    Liked Songs playlist stops
    Sync issue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Auto - Downloaded playlists won't load

PlanPremium DeviceSS Galaxy s9+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueAny downloaded playlists will not load on android auto. I don't have unlimited data so streaming my music on cellular is a no-no. Discover weekly loads fine but any other p...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium     Device SS Galaxy s9+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Any downloaded playlists will not load on android auto. I don't have unlimite...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android auto
    downloaded playlists
    not loading
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stuttering when i switch to next track

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceRealme 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueTwo days ago i got an Oppo Realme 7 Pro, installed Spotify and noticed that the album covers stutter when i switch to next track. I tried doing a clean reinstall...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Realme 7 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Two days ago i got an Oppo Realme 7 Pro, installed Spotify and noticed that the album...
  • Novy
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth controls do not work until app is force stopped and restarted

After connecting Bluetooth headphones (Jabra 75t) pause/play and skip/previous track buttons do not work until app is closed and restarted. Even more frustrating, this problem re-occurs after a random period of time, and the app is required to restar...

• Regular
  • After connecting Bluetooth headphones (Jabra 75t) pause/play and skip/previous track buttons do not work until app is closed and restarted.  Even more frustrating, this problem re-occurs after a...
  • jbwalters22
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does my Spotify starts autmaticaly on my headset

I have spotify on my cumputer and my phone.. I start spotify on my computer when i start working for the day.. But connected to my phone i have i plantronic headset.And when i answer a call and end it by pushing the conekt/disconekt button on my head...

• Visitor
  • I have spotify on my cumputer and my phone.. I start spotify on my computer when i start working for the day.. But connected to my phone i have i plantronic headset. And when i answer a call and end...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instagram share image is weird

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 9 proOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueDoes anyone else has problems sharing on Instagram stories? The album image is out of bounds, the letters are big and the spotify logo is showing on ...

Screenshot_2021-03-08-14-20-40-406_com.instagram.android.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Does anyone else has problems sharing on Instagram stories? The album ima...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes