Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My app does not have the 'Local Files' tab in settings

Like the title says, my app doesn't seem to have to 'Local Files' tab in the settings. I tried logging out and in and reinstalling the app, nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated! PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceRedmi K20Operating Syst...

• Casual Listener
  • Like the title says, my app doesn't seem to have to 'Local Files' tab in the settings. I tried logging out and in and reinstalling the app, nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated! &nbs...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Google alarm clock to pick random song from playlist

Hi, I set up the Google alarm to play a Playlist, but it always start playing the same song (the first item of the Playlist) According to a support chat rapresentative Google app always start from the first song, can't play a random song. I would lik...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I set up the Google alarm to play a Playlist, but it always start playing the same song (the first item of the Playlist)    According to a support chat rapresentative Google...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Add Offline Album to Queue Crashes App

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid 11Spotify Version8.6.4.971 My Question or IssueApp consistently crashes when trying to add an album to the queue in offline mode.Steps to Reproduce1. Have an album downloade...

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android 11 Spotify Version 8.6.4.971   My Question or Issue App consistently crashes when trying to...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cast volume contorls are not showing up

PlanFreeCountryRomaniaDeviceMotorola G6 PlayOperating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueSometimes they work sometimes they don't, the cast controls are an absolute mystery for me. Most of the times they don't show up, force stoping the app works but...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Romania Device Motorola G6 Play Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue Sometimes they work sometimes they don't, the cast controls are an absolute mystery for me. ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Bar not Working

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceSamsung ChromebookOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueOn the Spotify Web Player, when I search up anything, it says "no results found for ___". I am completely sure that I've spelled things correctly but no matter what ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Samsung Chromebook Operating System Android My Question or Issue On the Spotify Web Player, when I search up anything, it says "no results found for ___". I am c...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Library experience is unusable for Podcast episodes

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePixel 4zOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueApp version 8.6.2.774The new library experience has made my daily podcast use case unusable. I typically would go to Podcasts and view by Episodes. It was a nice little i...

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium Country USA   Device Pixel 4z Operating System Android   My Question or Issue App version 8.6.2.774 The new library experience has made my daily pod...
  • Novy
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify retained previous playlist

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceMi 10T ProOperating SystemMiui 12.0.11 Android 10 My Question or IssueSpotify player retained the previous playlist/song opened eventhough I've started different playlist/song. The song played the new song I selected b...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Mi 10T Pro Operating System Miui 12.0.11 Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify player retained the previous playlist/song opened eventhough I'v...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth skipping audio.

Plan premium CountryUSA DeviceLGG7 ThinQ Operating System My Question or IssueThis has been happenkng for two months or so now. Ive reset my phone. Reset cleared and deleted and reinstalled the app. Tried everything Google and these forums have sugge...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan premium   Country USA   Device LGG7 ThinQ   Operating System     My Question or Issue This has been happenkng for two months or so now. Ive reset my phone. R...
  • cdunn32
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bluetooth
    skipping
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums show unrelated tracks in preview

PlanFreeDeviceNokia 2.3Operating SystemAndroid 10 "Turn the Lights Off", "Misery Fell", "&" and "Cannibal" are not part of this album, yet they still show up the album outline. Also, not all tracks of this album are showing up here. A bit of help wou...

image.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device Nokia 2.3 Operating System Android 10   "Turn the Lights Off", "Misery Fell", "&" and "Cannibal" are not part of this album, yet they still show up the album outl...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view tracks in an album

PlanFreeDeviceNokia 2.3Operating SystemAndroid 10 Unable to view all of the tracks of an album. The tracks appear in a 'block' of sorts but I'm unable to view all of the tracks of an album. A friend is also on the free plan but he's able to view trac...

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device Nokia 2.3 Operating System Android 10   Unable to view all of the tracks of an album. The tracks appear in a 'block' of sorts but I'm unable to view all of the tracks of ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Spotify Controls

I just got the new Galaxy S21 and now my when I listen to Spotify, my music is always showing on the lock screen, but I prefer this option to be turned off. All notifications for Spotify are turned off in my phone settings and in my spotify settings....

• Visitor
  • I just got the new Galaxy S21 and now my when I listen to Spotify, my music is always showing on the lock screen, but I prefer this option to be turned off. All notifications for Spotify are turned o...
  • RiveDroite
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Marantz NR1606 Spotify Connect stopped working

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS14.2 My Question or IssueAll of a sudden Spotify Connect stopped working on both my NR1606 and 1607. I have done everything from a factory reset of the receivers, to resetting my entire hom...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS14.2   My Question or Issue All of a sudden Spotify Connect stopped working on both my NR1606 and 1607. I have done ...
  • yeesarm
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Clock Spotify doesn't work, returns NullPointerException

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceGoogle Pixel 4aOperating SystemAndroid 11Spotify Version8.6.4.971My Question or IssueSpotify alarm feature doesn't work properly. I connected it to my account, it must have worked because it showed me my recently play...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Google Pixel 4a Operating System Android 11 Spotify Version 8.6.4.971 My Question or Issue Spotify alarm feature doesn't work properly. I connected it...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connections notification doesn't go away

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceHuawei P30Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch. I want to use Spotify on it, so clearly I dowloaded the app to the watch. When I connected to my phone,...

• Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Huawei P30 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch. I want to use Spotify on it...
  • RiveDroite
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play/pause icon is hidden

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceRedmi note 9 proOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueAs you can see on the screenshot: play/pause icon is hidden as well as circle on the timeline progress bar

•   Plan Premium Country Russia Device Redmi note 9 pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue As you can see on the screenshot: play/pause icon is hidden as well as ci...
  • Goofy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car Mode starts Shuffle play

PlanPremium FamilyCountryNorwayDeviceASUS ZenfoneOperating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssueWhen I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth the Spotify app starts in shuffle play automatically, how can I change this to not be the norm? I almos...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Norway Device ASUS Zenfone Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue When I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth the Spotify app starts in s...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Casting music is an absolute nightmare

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy note 10+Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueThis has been an issue for very long that I've just now decided I've had enough and need to check if there's a fix. Whenever I cast music (usually to a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy note 10+ Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue This has been an issue for very long that I've just now decided I've had enough an...
  • RiveDroite
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No longer able to share songs to Facebook Stories

Everytime I try is says "looks like something went wrong, try again"Beyond frustrating Android 11Pixel 3aPremium

•   Everytime I try is says "looks like something went wrong, try again" Beyond frustrating   Android 11 Pixel 3a Premium
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Folders only show downloaded playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMoto G5 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or IssueSo like everyone, I have a bunch of playlists in a bunch of folders. Now somehow, since the rework of the UI for the mobile library, any of my folders will on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Moto G5 Plus Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue So like everyone, I have a bunch of playlists in a bunch of folders. Now somehow...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Developer] The application experiences bugs and slowdowns when I launch playlist or album

Hello, I'm a French user, and my Android Spotify application very often encounters bugs and latencies when I launch an album or a playlist. However, all of my liked titles are supposed to be downloaded on the micro SD card of my smartphone. However, ...

• Regular
  • Hello, I'm a French user, and my Android Spotify application very often encounters bugs and latencies when I launch an album or a playlist. However, all of my liked titles are supposed to be download...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes