Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t switch to offline mode

Hi all, I realized that playing downloaded podcasts was taking up data on my phone (galaxy note The spotify support page says I need to switch to offline mode by going to settings then tap “playback”. When I tap playback nothing happens. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I realized that playing downloaded podcasts was taking up data on my phone (galaxy note 😎 The spotify support page says I need to switch to offline mode by going to settings then tap “playba...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Wanting to remove artists from homescreen of app

PlanFree (willing to pay to get artist removed from homescreen). DeviceAndroid My Question or IssueIssue is I looked at an artist and don't want them on the homepage of the app. I have Hidden the artist. And Clean Reinstalled the app. The artist stil...

• Plan Free (willing to pay to get artist removed from homescreen).   Device Android   My Question or Issue Issue is I looked at an artist and don't want them on the homepage of the ap...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify unable to cast to Vizio Soundbar

PlanFamily PremiumCountryU.S.DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+, Macbook Pro 2019, Google Home MiniOperating SystemAndroid 10, macOS Catalina My Question or Issue I have two Vizio Soundbars (SB4451-C0, SB3651). The cast stopped working about a month or two ago....

• Regular
  • Plan Family Premium Country U.S. Device Samsung Galaxy 9+, Macbook Pro 2019, Google Home Mini Operating System Android 10, macOS Catalina   My Question or Issue   I have two Vizi...
  • Novy
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution samsung free trial

hello i have bought galaxy note 20 ultra 5g it should have a 6 month trial premieum for spotifybut i couldnt activate it. so i unistalled and reinsalled spotify.and i still can not start my free trial.pls help. what should i do?

• Casual Listener
  • hello  i have bought galaxy note 20 ultra 5g  it should have a 6 month trial premieum for spotify but i couldnt activate it. so i unistalled and reinsalled spotify. and i still can not ...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playback not playing... time not running

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceFairphone 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHi, since 2 Weks the playback on my Android phone is not staring. The Playback button changes after clicking to the pause sign, but the timelin of the songs ar n...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Fairphone 3 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi, since 2 Weks the playback on my Android phone is not staring. The Playback button...
  • Eni
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play some songs

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceHuawei Novat 5tOperating SystemAndroid 10Sporify version8.6.0.830 Hello there!Recently I'm having issues playing some songs. For example Fly Above by Mahmut Orhan - the song was in my faves and also downloaded. Few day...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device Huawei Novat 5t Operating System Android 10 Sporify version 8.6.0.830   Hello there! Recently I'm having issues playing some songs. For example F...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cannot be operated on the lock screen ( Anroid 11)

Hello Community, following problem: I can no longer operate Spotify on my lock screen. As soon as I reinstall the app, it works again. I also noticed that the "song picture" then disappeared, but that was displayed before. I cleared the cache and tri...

• Hello Community,   following problem: I can no longer operate Spotify on my lock screen. As soon as I reinstall the app, it works again. I also noticed that the "song picture" then disappeare...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lokale Dateien können vom Smartphone nicht abgespielt werden

Ich habe mir verschieden Playlists auf meinem PC erstellt und lokale Dateien hinzugefügt. Diese kann ich von meinem Huawei P30 nicht abspielen oder herunterladen. Mein PC ist per LAN mit meinem Router verbunden, das Handy per WLAN. Liegt hier das Pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Ich habe mir verschieden Playlists auf meinem PC erstellt und lokale Dateien hinzugefügt. Diese kann ich von meinem Huawei P30 nicht abspielen oder herunterladen. Mein PC ist per LAN mit meinem Route...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio function of the playlist gone

With the latest update on Android 9 I noticed that the possibility of having a radio starting from a playlist has disappeared, in general I have noticed that Spotify over the years is moving further away from this function which is one of the most in...

• Regular
  • With the latest update on Android 9 I noticed that the possibility of having a radio starting from a playlist has disappeared, in general I have noticed that Spotify over the years is moving further ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle button not working at all (Andoid)

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(GalaxyTab S7 Plus)Operating System(Android 11) My Question or IssueSo I have noticed that the shuffle button in the app now does nothing at all. When you click the button it does not even just play the first song in a playi...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (GalaxyTab S7 Plus) Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue So I have noticed that the shuffle button in the app now does nothing at all.&nb...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view songs and albums on artist page

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI am unable to view any songs or albums when i visit an artist page. It was still fine yesterday, and im not sure if it was due to an update. the only feat...

• Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I am unable to view any songs or albums when i visit an artist page. It was sti...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xiaomi phones: Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now

I was not able to open Spotify on Android Auto with a Xiaomi phone.Every time I tried to start Spotify received the following annoying message:"Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now"If I opened Spotify on the phone and then selected it on Andr...

• I was not able to open Spotify on Android Auto with a Xiaomi phone. Every time I tried to start Spotify received the following annoying message: "Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now" If I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android auto
    Xiaomi
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast not playing on my Android Device

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIrelandDeviceSamsung Galaxy A6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI know that this has been raised a number of times, and that it's apparently ongoing, but my podcasts won't play at all on my mobile device. I press play...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Ireland Device Samsung Galaxy A6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I know that this has been raised a number of times, and that it's app...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Steering wheel controls not working anymore (MBUX)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 6 (A6003)Operating SystemAndroid 9 / OxygenOS 9.0.5 My Question or IssueMy phone is connected via bluetooth with my A-Class Mercedes (Model 2019). From November 18 to April 19 I had no problems and was able to c...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 6 (A6003) Operating System Android 9 / OxygenOS 9.0.5   My Question or Issue My phone is connected via bluetooth with my A-Class Mercedes (M...
  • Novy
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes

Login button not working

Every time I hit the login button after entering my information it will change to say 'logging in' but then promptly change back to saying login. I've tried this on two different devices with the same result and uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't helpe...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I hit the login button after entering my information it will change to say 'logging in' but then promptly change back to saying login. I've tried this on two different devices with the sam...
  • Liam4eg
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug : Android Lock Screen - Cast stops and Spotify plays at phone

Plan PremiumCountry Czech Rep DeviceHonor 10Operating SystemAndroid 10 I am using Cast function to play music at my receiver. All works fine until my android phone gets locked. Once I press Spotifys next button on lock screen, Casted music will stop ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Rep   Device Honor 10 Operating System Android 10   I am using Cast function to play music at my receiver. All works fine until my android phone gets lo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't listen to podcasts with video while using VPN

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGoogle Pixel 4a 5GOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI am unable to listen to the audio of a podcast if that podcast also has an option video to watch while connected to VPN. Even if I downloaded the audio-only e...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Google Pixel 4a 5G Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I am unable to listen to the audio of a podcast if that podcast also has an option ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Clock turns off my shuffle mode

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Pixel 2XL, Samsung Galaxy j2)Operating System(Android 7.1.2&6.0.1 respectively) My Question or Issuei am trying to set my alarm on google clock on shuffle keeping my shuffle onstill when it rings the shuffle is off and ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Pixel 2XL, Samsung Galaxy j2) Operating System (Android 7.1.2&6.0.1 respectively)   My Question or Issue i am trying to set my alarm on goo...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
    shuffle broken
    shuffle bug
    shuffle issue
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Delete music on SD Card

so I'm a bit curious about downloaded music on SD Card. Does Spotify automatically delete songs on the SD Card or just duplicate it when we move the SD Card to a new phone?

• so I'm a bit curious about downloaded music on SD Card. Does Spotify automatically delete songs on the SD Card or just duplicate it when we move the SD Card to a new phone?
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app does not install on Samsung Galaxy A20

Hello,I am trying to install Spotify App on the Samsung Galaxy 20 of my son, but it crashes on each trial. It downloads up to 71%, then tries to install... and after a few seconds, Google Play Store proposes to download it again.The app never shows o...

• Hello, I am trying to install Spotify App on the Samsung Galaxy 20 of my son, but it crashes on each trial. It downloads up to 71%, then tries to install... and after a few seconds, Google Play Stor...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes