Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs not showing up on Android app.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 10Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue My liked songs on my desktop app are not synching with my phone app. Ive tried all the reinstallation steps and the issue still persists.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue   My liked songs on my desktop app are not synchin...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Starts Autonomously

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountryAustralia Samsung S10+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Android My Question or IssueWhen I pick up my phone each day, very early in the morning, Spotify self starts and plays the same song every ti...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Free/Premium Country Australia  Samsung S10+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Android   My Question or Issue When I pick up my phone each ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Resolution of album artwork on fullscreen android lockscreen

PlanPremium My Question or IssueWhen listening to spotify the album artwork displays fullscreen behind the widget with controls on my android's lockscreen. It is such low resolution though that it looks terrible. How can I make it maximum resolution ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue When listening to spotify the album artwork displays fullscreen behind the widget with controls on my android's lockscreen. It is such low resolution thou...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keyboard doesn't open on chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceTV, using chromecast on xioami streamerOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello!I can't search for anything or even log in, because keyboard doesn't open on spotify. It does open on all other apps. I tried resta...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Israel Device TV, using chromecast on xioami streamer Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello! I can't search for anything or even log in, b...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Android]How to select and move multiple songs up or down the queue?

I saw a similar thread on this, but for the desktop version. I am using the mobile app 99% of the time and compose long queues of music, adding or subtracting songs on the go. I can select and move one song up or down the queue as desired, but I cann...

• Casual Listener
  • I saw a similar thread on this, but for the desktop version. I am using the mobile app 99% of the time and compose long queues of music, adding or subtracting songs on the go. I can select and move o...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stop Shuffle with new narrow sidebar on tablet

I have a Samsung tablet. It used to display the "Now Playing" at the wide bottom where I could see a variety of controls. Now it's occupying about 1" wide of space in a column on the left of the screen. There are no controls visible for what is playi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung tablet. It used to display the "Now Playing" at the wide bottom where I could see a variety of controls. Now it's occupying about 1" wide of space in a column on the left of the scre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing (tried all fixes)

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceGalaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueMy music stops playing randomly. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, accepting all permissions, making sure the app can run in the background, and setting it to "no...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Galaxy S10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue My music stops playing randomly. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, accepting all permi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Control from headphones

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSony Xperia 5iiOperating SystemAndroid 10 I just got my phone and I tried connecting Bluetooth headphones to it. They connected, I was playing music from Spotify, but then I realized that I cannot play/stop and skip song...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Sony Xperia 5ii Operating System Android 10   I just got my phone and I tried connecting Bluetooth headphones to it. They connected, I was playing mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Implement Shuffle button on mixes

Right now daily mixes/release radar/discover weekly use the last configuration you had while playing a playlist. In order to change either the Shuffle setting while listening to these, you have to:1. Go to Your Library2. Start playing a playlist3. Op...

Screenshot_20200924-042917.png Screenshot_20200924-042900.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Right now daily mixes/release radar/discover weekly use the last configuration you had while playing a playlist. In order to change either the Shuffle setting while listening to these, you have to: ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops when my back light goes off on my pixel

Essentiat the title. Whenever I put my phone down and the back light goes out the music gets robotic the it usually just stops. Yes I restarted. PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel 3aOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or ...

• Essentiat the title. Whenever I put my phone down and the back light goes out the music gets robotic the it usually just stops. Yes I restarted.    Plan Premium Country US Device Pix...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't logon to Android client - response is You're Offline

PlanFreeCountryIrelandDeviceWileyfox Swift 2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSee Subject.Always get the same message, doesn't matter whether on WiFi (tried several different ISPs) or on 4G.The app is up to date according to google sto...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Ireland Device Wileyfox Swift 2 Operating System Android Oreo     My Question or Issue See Subject. Always get the same message, doesn't matter whether on...
  • Gurra11
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crash issue on Android

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro)Operating System(Android 10.) My Question or IssueWhen playing music background or while screen is locked the music stops unexpectedly and when I look if someone's calling me or something there i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro) Operating System (Android 10.)   My Question or Issue When playing music background or while screen is locked the m...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect - volume issues

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(Samsung s20) I have always had issues with spotifys volume. The issue is how quickly it turns from 0 to full. My mother realized it tonight when she connected and turned it up and it just cracked to full on my home thea...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device (Samsung s20)   I have always had issues with spotifys volume. The issue is how quickly it turns from 0 to full. My mother realized it tonight when she ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps playing music after closing app

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue When I opened spotify today, I started listening to music and when I go to close the app it kept on playing music when it should have stopped playing music. I c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Google pixel 3a Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue   When I opened spotify today, I started listening to music and when I go to cl...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't leave Group Playlist. The most infuriating thing ever.

Yeesh. Thank goodness I have the option of cancelling my free premium subscription in a few days. I just accepted a friend's Group Playlist request, and found it to be the most infuriating music experience I've ever endured on a digital platform. 1. ...

• Visitor
  • Yeesh. Thank goodness I have the option of cancelling my free premium subscription in a few days.   I just accepted a friend's Group Playlist request, and found it to be the most infuriating m...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify finds device and freezes song

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMotorola G8 Powerlite My Question or IssueWhile playing music Spotify will detect an external device, the music will then freeze and when I look at my phone I've got a big box telling me it's found external speakers (which ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device Motorola G8 Powerlite   My Question or Issue While playing music Spotify will detect an external device, the music will then freeze and whe...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution download of audio books does not end

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceBQOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueI'm hearing audio books with spotify. The problem occurred even with two different audio books.While hearing, I dicover that spotify is downloading title 207 of 208 (1...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device BQ Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue I'm hearing audio books with spotify. The problem occurred even with two different audio bo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Version 8.5.80.1037 Problems

Plan -Premium FamilyCountry UKDevice - Samsung A21Operating System - Android 10My Question or Issue - Spotify will not connect to any devices in my home . Chromecasts through the B+O app. The app runs so slow and becomes un-usable not playing songs ,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan -Premium Family Country UK Device - Samsung A21 Operating System - Android 10 My Question or Issue - Spotify will not connect to any devices in my home . Chromecasts through the B+O app.&n...
  • Iaink5573
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast keeps pausing stops spotify

Spotify plays and stop 4,5 times on one Song, i casting trough chromecast. On Samsung galaxy s10. And i factory reset my phone and chromecast, restarted my router. Anny sulutions?

• Spotify plays and stop 4,5 times on one Song, i casting trough chromecast.  On Samsung galaxy s10. And i factory reset my phone and chromecast, restarted my router. Anny sulutions?
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: [Android] Can't access or play podcasts in Your Library

I have the same issue with a new Galaxy S10 Lite and my husband with a Galaxy S10+. We did a clean reinstall of the app several times. Spotify version 8.5.80.1037, Android 10.Also had the issue before with a Galaxy S7. I also cannot access the podcas...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the same issue with a new Galaxy S10 Lite and my husband with a Galaxy S10+. We did a clean reinstall of the app several times. Spotify version 8.5.80.1037, Android 10. Also had the issue bef...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes