Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts take minutes to load on Android (Galaxy S10)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid Version 10 My Question or IssueNo matte whether I have a strong wifi connection or cell service when I go to my Podcast Episodes section the circle spins for anywhere from...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android Version 10   My Question or Issue No matte whether I have a strong wifi connection or cell service...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify app forgets my default device - please can we have a default device select option

We have an Android tablet in the kitchen that controls lights, displays recipies, and plays music. Our go to Spotify connect device is a Sony stereo with integrated spotify. Yet if we don't play music for a couple of hours, Spotify forgets that it wa...

• We have an Android tablet in the kitchen that controls lights, displays recipies, and plays music.   Our go to Spotify connect device is a Sony stereo with integrated spotify.  Yet if we ...
  • anachronos
  • 5 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 15 likes

Re: [Mobile] Liked/Favorite Songs playlist not appearing in mobile app

PlanIt was premium when the problem started now on freeCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7NxtAndroid version9Problem/issues im havingSuddenly my liked songs and albums dissapeared.in web version and PC and spotify Lite i can see the likes but in mobi...

Screenshot_20201013-134827_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20201013-135404_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20201013-135410_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20201013-135507_Spotify Lite.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan It was premium when the problem started now on free Country India Device Samsung Galaxy J7Nxt Android version 9 Problem/issues im having Suddenly my liked songs and albums dissapeared.i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Only some songs won't play from local library

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKMy Question or Issue:I've trialled and errored this about 20 times now and cannot work out for the life of me what's wrong with it.There's these 2 albums i have downloaded, Spotify doesn't have them thats why i had to download...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK My Question or Issue: I've trialled and errored this about 20 times now and cannot work out for the life of me what's wrong with it. There's these 2 albums i have d...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App crashes when it connects/disconnects from Internet

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceSamsung J3Operating SystemAndroid 5.1.1 My Question or IssueThe spotify app is consistently crashing every time my phone picks up or loses an internet connection. E.g. when moving out of range of a modem it will crash a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Samsung J3 Operating System Android 5.1.1   My Question or Issue The spotify app is consistently crashing every time my phone picks up or loses an i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution 'Home' link is hidden behind Status bar

With the new UI that utilizes the left nav, the Home button is hidden behind the status bar on my Android Head Unit running Oreo.

• Music Fan
  • With the new UI that utilizes the left nav, the Home button is hidden behind the status bar on my Android Head Unit running Oreo.  
  • kramttocs
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Issues since last update

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Mi 9T ProOperating SystemAndroid 10Spotify App VersionSpotify for Andriod Ver. 8.5.78.909 Question or IssueI encountered some problems that can be categorised into two parts so far:I chose a song to play but the ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Operating System Android 10 Spotify App Version Spotify for Andriod Ver. 8.5.78.909   Question or Issue I encountered some proble...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Stuttering

When I try to listen to certain podcasts, they stutter as if not loading properly. I've tried deleting my data, reinstalling the app, unmonitoring the app, nothing has worked. This only happens with certain podcasts, not all, and only when I'm using ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to listen to certain podcasts, they stutter as if not loading properly. I've tried deleting my data, reinstalling the app, unmonitoring the app, nothing has worked. This only happens with ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify shows the same album/song artwork and title for every song

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 7T ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhile streaming music my Spotify app sometimes shows the same song for every song that I play. Restarting the app does not help. The only solution to resolve ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 7T Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue While streaming music my Spotify app sometimes shows the same song for every song ...
  • Classy_AJ
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify thinks I'm offline

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXperia L4 but the issue was on Xperia XA2 and Nexus 7 the same. Operating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueSpotify keeps thinking I'm offline and won't let me search songs or add them to play lists for a couple minutes...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xperia L4 but the issue was on Xperia XA2 and Nexus 7 the same.  Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue Spotify keeps thinking I'm offline an...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pauses with every tabata workout app I've downloaded

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceAndroid, Galaxy s8 My Question or IssueI've downloaded several different Tabata workout apps and during my "active" work intervals Spotify pauses the music. I initially assumed it was the first Tabata app I downloaded that w...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device Android, Galaxy s8   My Question or Issue I've downloaded several different Tabata workout apps and during my "active" work intervals Spotify pause...
  • Tring90
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alternating songs won't play

Device: Moto e5 Play OS: Android 8.1.0 Plan: Premium So, I've been having this issue for two months now. I somehow hoped the app updates would solve it, but it didn't.So, the issue is very simple: alternating songs won't play. What this means is that...

• Visitor
  • Device: Moto e5 Play   OS: Android 8.1.0   Plan: Premium   So, I've been having this issue for two months now. I somehow hoped the app updates would solve it, but it didn't. So,...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I dont have a repeat button

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLG Q7Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI just upgraded to premium and I dont have a repeat button

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device LG Q7 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I just upgraded to premium and I dont have a repeat button
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • repeat
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local songs cannot be played on my android phone

Hello I've imported some songs into Spotify Premium on windows and I added it to my playlist. I can play the playlist on my computer but on my phone, I tried downloading the playlist but it still appears gray and there's an exclamation mark under the...

• Visitor
  • Hello I've imported some songs into Spotify Premium on windows and I added it to my playlist. I can play the playlist on my computer but on my phone, I tried downloading the playlist but it still app...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Load (Black Screen)

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADeviceNexus 6POperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue The app won't load on my phone. When I try to open the app, I just seen a black loading screen, followed by a message that says Spo...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA Device Nexus 6P Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  The app won't load on my phone.  When I ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

How is this even possible ?!?!

The duration pass is way after the length of the song. How come? PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  •   The duration pass is way after the length of the song. How come?   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skips continuously after 10 seconds of play when casting to Google Home

I have seen similar posts but after days of "Check this other thread for the solution" and failing to get this resolved, I'm going to start another thread. PlanFree (formerly premium)CountryCanadaDevicePixel 4 My Question or IssueI have run the entir...

• I have seen similar posts but after days of "Check this other thread for the solution"  and failing to get this resolved, I'm going to start another thread.   Plan Free (formerly premium...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution AutoPlay does not work on smartphone

I have a spotify premium account and whenever I go to the gym, I play a short playlist I have entitlied "New Workout Playlist," and it does not operate the way it is designed based on settings in the app. It does not start playing related songs at th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a spotify premium account and whenever I go to the gym, I play a short playlist I have entitlied "New Workout Playlist," and it does not operate the way it is designed based on settings in the...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage full on samsung galaxy watch3

Hi, I recently just resolved the playing offline songs problem. Now the new problem arises, basically when downloading more songs, it says storage full and free up some space, but the thing is my watch still have 4gb of extra space, and I cant seem t...

• Hi, I recently just resolved the playing offline songs problem. Now the new problem arises, basically when downloading more songs, it says storage full and free up some space, but the thing is my wat...
  • tt6aasvjjo4dcjt
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution How to remove a device from spotify connect ?

PlanPremiumOperating System(Android, Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I play music on my PC, a notification appears on my phone that the music is playing on my PC, how can I get rid of this? It's not very convenient for me.

Toxa58_0-1600114968433.png Toxa58_1-1600115064015.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System (Android, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I play music on my PC, a notification appears on my phone that the music is playing on my PC, how can I get ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes