Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Now Playing" song gets stuck on the same song

The song listed as currently playing gets stuck on one song. Any song that I play will show as the song that gets stuck, even though my laptop and amazon devices show the correct song that's playing. It fixes itself randomly, but I'm not sure how. Cl...

• Casual Listener
  • The song listed as currently playing gets stuck on one song. Any song that I play will show as the song that gets stuck, even though my laptop and amazon devices show the correct song that's playing....
  • Elena
  • 27 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Touch Preview Not Working

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceLG V20Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue6-8 weeks ago, the Touch Preview stopped working (except I can preview songs in my existing playlists). I've updated the App and performed both a quick and clean reinstall...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US Device LG V20 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue 6-8 weeks ago, the Touch Preview stopped working (except I can preview songs in my existing p...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect on Samsung Watch Active 2 Breaks Spotify in Android Auto

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Watch Active2Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI recently installed the connect app on my smart watch which seemed to work great until I connected my phone to my car. I then foun...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Watch Active2 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I recently installed the connect app on my smart watch ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Android, Can't change volume of podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSony Xperia xz1 compactOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue While listening to the Happiness Lab podcast, I discovered that I could not change the volume playing out of the speaker of my device. There ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Sony Xperia xz1 compact Operating System Android 8.0  My Question or Issue   While listening to the Happiness Lab podcast, I discovered t...
  • leostaley
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution watch ads, get 30min, well, only 15min

PlanFreeUnited States Device(Google Pixel 2)Operating System(Android 10) My Question or IssueWhile listening heard the "tap here for 30min ad-free listening", so did that and watched the ads, and noted the time when the music began. About 15min later...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free United States   Device (Google Pixel 2) Operating System (Android 10)   My Question or Issue While listening heard the "tap here for 30min ad-free listening", so di...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Пропали альбомы

None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try to help. Premium plan Country Russia SONY G8342 device Android 9 operating system My question or problemThe albums added to my favorite have...

• Visitor
  • None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try to help.   Premium plan   Country Russia   SONY G8342 device  ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics won't show

My question or issue: So, my app is up to date, my operating system and device too. But I still don't have the lyrics part. I have a friend who has the same kind of phone I do, and she has lyrics. same version. But it doesn't even show for me. I've t...

• My question or issue:  So, my app is up to date, my operating system and device too. But I still don't have the lyrics part. I have a friend who has the same kind of phone I do, and she has lyr...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution connect button next to play button?

A couple of days ago, I saw and was able to click on a really useful new 'connect' button on the now playing section at the bottom of the app, next to the like and the play buttons. And then it disappeared! Where did it go?? It looked like this: Plan...

Screenshot_20200907-214429.png
  • Casual Listener
  • A couple of days ago, I saw and was able to click on a really useful new 'connect' button on the now playing section at the bottom of the app, next to the like and the play buttons. And then it disap...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I get rid of a playlist I didn't make?

I set up a playlist of songs I like to sync to my alarm clock on my Samsung phone, but Spotify keeps replacing it with someone else's playlist of 'Tenet Soundtrack 2020'. I have never touched this playlist and now I don't even want to watch the movie...

• Visitor
  • I set up a playlist of songs I like to sync to my alarm clock on my Samsung phone, but Spotify keeps replacing it with someone else's playlist of 'Tenet Soundtrack 2020'. I have never touched this pl...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot add songs to playlist

PlanFreeCountryGB DeviceLG V30Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssuePretty much what is in the title. Wanted to make a playlist but am unable to.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country GB   Device LG V30 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue Pretty much what is in the title. Wanted to make a playlist but am unable to.  
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Using Google Assistant to close Spotify

Spotify won't completely close when I ask Google Assistant to close it (the notification that it is open is still there). then it messes up my routine if I try to start Spotify again (it will just open the app but won't play anything). I have my rout...

• Visitor
  • Spotify won't completely close when I ask Google Assistant to close it (the notification that it is open is still there). then it messes up my routine if I try to start Spotify again (it will just op...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly crashes

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceXiaomi redmi note 7Operating SystemMIUI 11.0.1 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps randomly crashing,i have reinstalled it and logged out and in and restarted phone and everything and it just keeps randomly crashing.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Xiaomi redmi note 7 Operating System MIUI 11.0.1   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps randomly crashing,i have reinstalled it and logged out ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth Toyota Touch and go Connected, no audio.

Plan premiumCountryUkDeviceOnePlus 5 TOperating SystemAndroid Oxygen My Question or IssueThe Bluetooth will connect to the phone but when I try and play something on Spotify there's no volume or information on the display yet Spotify shows the song p...

• Plan premium Country Uk Device OnePlus 5 T Operating System Android Oxygen   My Question or Issue The Bluetooth will connect to the phone but when I try and play something on Spoti...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Go! by Spinnin Records songs removed?

I am no longer able to play any of the songs in the Go! by Spinnin Records playlist that I had saved and also all songs were removed from all devices that I had it saved for offline play. Is this playlist being officially removed from Spotify or is t...

• Casual Listener
  • I am no longer able to play any of the songs in the Go! by Spinnin Records playlist that I had saved and also all songs were removed from all devices that I had it saved for offline play.  Is th...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    Songs Disappeared
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution The app is broken, its so buggy

PlanPremiumCountry ArgentinaDeviceMoto G5s PlusOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueThe controls doesnt show up, I have to manually open the app to change a song, and whenever I change a song, the UI doesnt show it, it just get stuck in ...

• Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device Moto G5s Plus Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue The controls doesnt show up, I have to manually open the app to change a...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! "Playback Failed" For Video Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAre video podcasts supported for offline listening with Premium? Regular, non video podcasts work fine offline but if it's specifically a video podcast th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A   Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Are video podcasts supported for offline listening with Premium? Regula...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Automatically plays music when ulocking phone

Hi, Whenever I unlock my phone in the morning, Spotify suddenly starts playing a random song - I have tried everything to stop this but without success. It is infuriating!I am prepared to abandon Spotify altogether if this can't be fixed. Grateful fo...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   Whenever I unlock my phone in the morning, Spotify suddenly starts playing a random song - I have tried everything to stop this but without success. It is infuriating!I am prepared to ab...
  • Bilxthebroker
  • Music Fan
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify werkt offline niet meer

Sinds dat ik de Nokia 6.2 (android one) heb, wilt Spotify niet meer werken offline. Telkens ik de app open, dienen alle nummer opnieuw gedownload te worden. Bovendien kunnen er geen nummer online afgespeeld worden. Ze zijn gedownload wat ik kan zien ...

• Visitor
  • Sinds dat ik de Nokia 6.2 (android one) heb, wilt Spotify niet meer werken offline. Telkens ik de app open, dienen alle nummer opnieuw gedownload te worden. Bovendien kunnen er geen nummer online afg...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution HOW TO HIDE OR DELETE A RECOMENDED SPOTIFY PLAYLIST FROM THE BEGINING OF THE APP!?!?

I HATE TO SEE A PLAYLIST THAT SPOTIFY RECOMEND ME, THIS APPEARS AT THE BEGINING OF THIS APP, IS VERY ANNOYING THAT PLAYLIST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THAT TYPE OF MUSIC. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING HOW TO DELETE IT AND I DIDN'T FIND A SOLUCION. PLEASE TELL ME WHA...

• I HATE TO SEE A PLAYLIST THAT SPOTIFY RECOMEND ME, THIS APPEARS AT THE BEGINING OF THIS APP, IS VERY ANNOYING THAT PLAYLIST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THAT TYPE OF MUSIC. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING HOW TO DELETE ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

App needs to add couple of features / bug fixes

Bug 1 -> when song is on repeat, and when app goes in background / closes the app. the repeat is removed and next song is played. Feature to be implemented -> if i have 500 songs, and i am currently on 250th song. when i click go on library tab(botto...

• Visitor
  • Bug 1 -> when song is on repeat, and when app goes in background / closes the app. the repeat is removed and next song is played.   Feature to be implemented -> if i have 500 songs, an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes