Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth Toyota Touch and go Connected, no audio.

Plan premiumCountryUkDeviceOnePlus 5 TOperating SystemAndroid Oxygen My Question or IssueThe Bluetooth will connect to the phone but when I try and play something on Spotify there's no volume or information on the display yet Spotify shows the song p...

• Plan premium Country Uk Device OnePlus 5 T Operating System Android Oxygen   My Question or Issue The Bluetooth will connect to the phone but when I try and play something on Spoti...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Go! by Spinnin Records songs removed?

I am no longer able to play any of the songs in the Go! by Spinnin Records playlist that I had saved and also all songs were removed from all devices that I had it saved for offline play. Is this playlist being officially removed from Spotify or is t...

• Casual Listener
  • I am no longer able to play any of the songs in the Go! by Spinnin Records playlist that I had saved and also all songs were removed from all devices that I had it saved for offline play.  Is th...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    Songs Disappeared
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution The app is broken, its so buggy

PlanPremiumCountry ArgentinaDeviceMoto G5s PlusOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueThe controls doesnt show up, I have to manually open the app to change a song, and whenever I change a song, the UI doesnt show it, it just get stuck in ...

• Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device Moto G5s Plus Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue The controls doesnt show up, I have to manually open the app to change a...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! "Playback Failed" For Video Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAre video podcasts supported for offline listening with Premium? Regular, non video podcasts work fine offline but if it's specifically a video podcast th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A   Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Are video podcasts supported for offline listening with Premium? Regula...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Automatically plays music when ulocking phone

Hi, Whenever I unlock my phone in the morning, Spotify suddenly starts playing a random song - I have tried everything to stop this but without success. It is infuriating!I am prepared to abandon Spotify altogether if this can't be fixed. Grateful fo...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   Whenever I unlock my phone in the morning, Spotify suddenly starts playing a random song - I have tried everything to stop this but without success. It is infuriating!I am prepared to ab...
  • Bilxthebroker
  • Music Fan
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify werkt offline niet meer

Sinds dat ik de Nokia 6.2 (android one) heb, wilt Spotify niet meer werken offline. Telkens ik de app open, dienen alle nummer opnieuw gedownload te worden. Bovendien kunnen er geen nummer online afgespeeld worden. Ze zijn gedownload wat ik kan zien ...

• Visitor
  • Sinds dat ik de Nokia 6.2 (android one) heb, wilt Spotify niet meer werken offline. Telkens ik de app open, dienen alle nummer opnieuw gedownload te worden. Bovendien kunnen er geen nummer online afg...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution HOW TO HIDE OR DELETE A RECOMENDED SPOTIFY PLAYLIST FROM THE BEGINING OF THE APP!?!?

I HATE TO SEE A PLAYLIST THAT SPOTIFY RECOMEND ME, THIS APPEARS AT THE BEGINING OF THIS APP, IS VERY ANNOYING THAT PLAYLIST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THAT TYPE OF MUSIC. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING HOW TO DELETE IT AND I DIDN'T FIND A SOLUCION. PLEASE TELL ME WHA...

• I HATE TO SEE A PLAYLIST THAT SPOTIFY RECOMEND ME, THIS APPEARS AT THE BEGINING OF THIS APP, IS VERY ANNOYING THAT PLAYLIST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THAT TYPE OF MUSIC. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING HOW TO DELETE ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

App needs to add couple of features / bug fixes

Bug 1 -> when song is on repeat, and when app goes in background / closes the app. the repeat is removed and next song is played. Feature to be implemented -> if i have 500 songs, and i am currently on 250th song. when i click go on library tab(botto...

• Visitor
  • Bug 1 -> when song is on repeat, and when app goes in background / closes the app. the repeat is removed and next song is played.   Feature to be implemented -> if i have 500 songs, an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play local file on mobile

I have premium plan on my android phone and i have downloaded local files on my desktop but i can't play it on my phone. Help?

• Visitor
  • I have premium plan on my android phone and i have downloaded local files on my desktop but i can't play it on my phone. Help?  
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Spotify app crashes opening any artist and no liked songs showing on mobile

Hello,my little sister has a similar problem that seems to be linked to her account, not the device. The searches don't load, the artists pages won't load etc. It works slightly better when it is in offline mode, but you need to go online to download...

• Hello, my little sister has a similar problem that seems to be linked to her account, not the device. The searches don't load, the artists pages won't load etc. It works slightly better when it is i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium for Family shows a black screen

ПланпланПремиумСтранаРоссияУстройство( Samsung Grand 2)операционная система(Android 10 ) Мой вопрос или проблемаПри нажатии кнопки просмотреть кто слушал треки в Premium for Family отображается черный экран

• Visitor
  •   Планплан Премиум Страна Россия Устройство ( Samsung Grand 2) операционная система (Android 10 )   Мой вопрос или проблема При нажатии кнопки просмотреть кто слушал треки в...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Podcasts] 'Spotify is trying to play'......... Disappointing

I recently joined spotify, mainly for Joe Rogan Experience. So I downloaded a dozen of his episodes and began listening, and I was initially surprised by the addition of the video of the podcast being played while in app. However, spotify does someth...

• Visitor
  • I recently joined spotify, mainly for Joe Rogan Experience.  So I downloaded a dozen of his episodes and began listening,  and I was initially surprised by the addition of the video of the ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S9 plus - Android - downloaded songs

Premium plan DeviceSamsung s9 plusOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueEvery Spotify update or phone reboot causes all downloaded songs on SD card to disappear and starts to download onto internal memory.3rd time in about 30 days this has o...

• Regular
  • Premium plan   Device Samsung s9 plus Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Every Spotify update or phone reboot causes all downloaded songs on SD card to disappear a...
  • SirExcel
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    sd card
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app won't play any music

So whenever I start spotify it takes couple seconds, but after that when I try to click on a album or a song or playlist or whatever it is loading for ages and nothing happens. When I start a song on my ps4 and stream in to my smartphone I cannot sto...

• Casual Listener
  • So whenever I start spotify it takes couple seconds, but after that when I try to click on a album or a song or playlist or whatever it is loading for ages and nothing happens. When I start a song on...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing

PlanPremium CountrySweden DeviceHuewei p20 lite, Macbook Pro late 2019 Operating SystemLatest android, OSX and Spotify version installed My Question or IssueBoth my laptop and android phone are connected to my Bluetooth speaker. Playing from the MacB...

• Plan Premium   Country Sweden   Device Huewei p20 lite, Macbook Pro late 2019   Operating System Latest android, OSX and Spotify version installed   My Question or Iss...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find any way to add a whole album to a playlist

I just downloaded Spotify to my Android (moto G6, Android version 9). I cannot find any way to add a whole album to a playlist. The three upper-right dots on an album don't give that option; it only appears on individual songs, no matter where I acce...

• Visitor
  • I just downloaded Spotify to my Android (moto G6, Android version 9). I cannot find any way to add a whole album to a playlist. The three upper-right dots on an album don't give that option; it only ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android APP informs me I'm offline and I cannot log in

PlanFree (I wanted to go premium but I cannot)CountryPoland/Romania Device(Honor10)Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue On 14th of August I have created spotify account to see how it works before I get premium. Today I've tired login on m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free (I wanted to go premium but I cannot) Country Poland/Romania   Device (Honor10) Operating System  Android 10   My Question or Issue   On 14th of August I hav...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving downloads and Playlists to a new SD card

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceSamsung Note 10 +Operating System Android 10 My Question or IssueGood day to all of you.Just wanted to pick some brains with regards to this please.I have now eventually run out of space on my current SD card and n...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device Samsung Note 10 + Operating System  Android 10   My Question or Issue Good day to all of you. Just wanted to pick some brains with r...
  • ThePaganLord
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't disable shuffle.

Most of my spotify playlists have the little shuffle icon on them, meaning that rather than playing them in order. They shuffle, I want to disable this for some of these playlist but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable it. I am very annoyed...

• Casual Listener
  • Most of my spotify playlists have the little shuffle icon on them, meaning that rather than playing them in order. They shuffle, I want to disable this for some of these playlist but there doesn't se...
  • cyrum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Issues with Spotify on Android

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice Samsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Version 10, One UI Version 2.1 I have used spotify for years without issue but currently I am having many problems that is making the app unusable. I have tried reinstalling, deleting...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device  Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Version 10, One UI Version 2.1   I have used spotify for years without issue but currently I am having man...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes