Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant change my Display Name and Picture.When I click na edit profile it only say Find friends. How

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Standalone mode on galaxy watch does not work

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceGalaxy watchOperating SystemTizen My Question or IssueI can't switch on standalone mode on my watch it only allows me to be in remote mode. When I try to switch it needs me to login and when I try to login it doesn't wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden  Device Galaxy watch Operating System Tizen   My Question or Issue I can't switch on standalone mode on my watch it only allows me to be in remote mode...
  • SupriyaThukral
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle play - broken / limited shuffle

Basic - detailsSpotify PremiumUKHonor 9Android 9PS4Xbox one Shuffle play - it's broken / useless/I have some large playlists 350+ songs (lot of roadtrips)so i hit shuffle play, and off it goes Then after about 20 songs it stops shuffling and repeats ...

• Regular
  •   Basic - details Spotify Premium UK Honor 9 Android 9 PS4 Xbox one   Shuffle play  - it's broken / useless/ I have some large playlists 350+ songs  (lot of roadtrips) ...
  • chaossyke
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Problem logging in. Spotify does not detect internet connection

Hi, Spotify has logged me out, so I'm trying to log in.It tells me that I'm offline (even though I'm connected to the Internet), so I have to go online to log in. I press the "Connect" button.This fails, so Spotify sends an e-mail containing a link t...

• Regular
  • Hi,   Spotify has logged me out, so I'm trying to log in. It tells me that I'm offline (even though I'm connected to the Internet), so I have to go online to log in. I press the "Connect" but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] No smart-cover controls after update to Android 7

More than 3 years and we still don't have any news. Are you going to fix it?It's really annoying! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/No-smart-cover-controls-after-update-to-Android-7-Honor-8/td-p/1597896

• Visitor
  • More than 3 years and we still don't have any news. Are you going to fix it? It's really annoying!   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/No-smart-cover-controls-after-update-to-Android-7...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Casting issue

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid Q (10) My Question or IssueHello, I recently having issues with casting to my Google home minis. Suddenly casting stops and I have to connect them again, which is very annoyin...

•   Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android Q (10)   My Question or Issue Hello, I recently having issues with casting to my Google home m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Casting
    Google Home Mini
    Volume Control
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

System UI Constant Crashes

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceGoogle Pixel 2016Operating SystemAndroid 10, Oct 2019 Security Patch, Mar 2020 Google Play Security patch My Question or IssueIf playing a song, system becomes unstable and "System UI" crashes, putting phone back...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Google Pixel 2016 Operating System Android 10, Oct 2019 Security Patch, Mar 2020 Google Play Security patch   My Question or Issue If...
  • harjeevan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect over Google assistant to Heos speaker

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Mate 20 Pro, Denon Heos 1 HS2Operating SystemAndroid Pie, latest updates on all devices My Question or IssueI'm trying to tell Google assistant to play Spotify on my Heos 1 HS2 speaker but it's not working at all...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Denon Heos 1 HS2 Operating System Android Pie, latest updates on all devices   My Question or Issue I'm trying to tell Google as...
  • nuc-gr
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Ads skipping on Android and iOS

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDevicePixel 4, iPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 10, Android Oreo, My Question or IssueiOS I can skip ads using my car's control but it is not possible to skip ads on Android. Strangely on both iOS and Android skipping songs are po...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Pixel 4, iPhone XS Operating System iOS 10, Android Oreo,   My Question or Issue iOS I can skip ads using my car's control but it is not possibl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [All Platforms][Browse] notifications bar

I want the ability to change the song by going to the notifications bar of my phone like we used to be able to do. instead I now have to open the app back up just to go one song forward or back.

• Casual Listener
  • I want the ability to change the song by going to the notifications bar of my phone like we used to be able to do. instead I now have to open the app back up just to go one song forward or back. 
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Browse
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App closes after approx 10 minutes

I'm using a Samsung S6 edge+ and when listening to my music the app closes itself after about 10 minutes of no interaction.So I put an album on (doesn't matter if it's online or offline) put the phone in my pocket and then the music stops after a few...

• I'm using a Samsung S6 edge+ and when listening to my music the app closes itself after about 10 minutes of no interaction. So I put an album on (doesn't matter if it's online or offline) put the ph...
  • Ashley2000d
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Albums not loading

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen I go to my "Library" then to the tab "Albums" (with the filter downloads on) and then click on one downloaded Album, I only get an empty screen (See Scr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When I go to my "Library" then to the tab "Albums" (with the filter downloads on)...
  • hanicht
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files won't sync

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceOneplus3, PCOperating SystemAndroid, Windows 10 My Question or Issue I'm having no success syncing the local files from my PC to my OnePlus 3 Android phone. In the past, these files synced perfectly but one day all fol...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Austria   Device Oneplus3, PC Operating System Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I'm having no success syncing the local files from my PC to m...
  • aceseejay
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add albums to queue anymore.

With the recent UI changes now not only we can't add albums to a playlist but we can't add them to our queue anymore either. This is a huge problem for people who heavily use the queue feature like myself, I've had to downgrade to an older version (8...

• With the recent UI changes now not only we can't add albums to a playlist but we can't add them to our queue anymore either. This is a huge problem for people who heavily use the queue feature like m...
  • owright907
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android] shuffle defaults on Spotify-created playlists and won't shut off

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueFor the past couple of weeks, any Spotify generated playlists such as discover weekly default to shuffling and you can't turn it off. No matter how many times I tried to ge...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue For the past couple of weeks, any Spotify generated playlists such as discover weekly default to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast on Android for Premium users only?

PlanFreeCountryUS DeviceLG AristoOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify for Android is now telling me that Chromecast connection is for available for Premium users only. Since when? Is someone at Spotify actively trying to drive away (fr...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free Country US  Device LG Aristo Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spotify for Android is now telling me that Chromecast connection is for available for Premiu...
  • iulianf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t stay installed on my Galaxy S8

My Question or IssueHi, I’ve had the Spotify app downloaded on my Galaxy S8 for months without issue. Went to launch it this morning and it was no longer visible on my home page or shown in my list of downloaded apps. Headed to Google Playstore to re...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Hi, I’ve had the Spotify app downloaded on my Galaxy S8 for months without issue. Went to launch it this morning and it was no longer visible on my home page or shown in my list...
  • KlambAU
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (Android) doesn't see Chromecast (issue report and solution)

I've got Google Chromecast and Yamaha RX-V685 receiver. Android Spotify device list shows the phone and receiver only. No Chromecast is seen. Why?The answer is unexpected. I've named my Yamaha receiver "Salon" and Google Chromecast "Salon" too. Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got Google Chromecast and Yamaha RX-V685 receiver. Android Spotify device list shows the phone and receiver only. No Chromecast is seen. Why? The answer is unexpected. I've named my Yamaha rece...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify plays 1 song then stops. have to push next song for it to move on to the next.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issuehave spotify on my ps4, pc, and phone. ps4 and pc work perfectly fine. phone on the other hand does not. i push the shuffle button and it picks a song to play. once the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung Operating System Android   My Question or Issue have spotify on my ps4, pc, and phone. ps4 and pc work perfectly fine. phone on the othe...
  • Tchay1
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can not play downloaded music from local files on mobile

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceHuawei P20 LiteOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAs the title says, i can not play music i have in my playlist from local files i have on my computer, everything have worked great till today when this error occ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Huawei P20 Lite Operating System Android   My Question or Issue As the title says, i can not play music i have in my playlist from local file...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes