Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

>50% tracks sync in silence

>50% tracks sync in silence

Hey,

When I sync to my device, there is a large majority of the songs saving as silence (i.e. fail to load when in offline mode). How do I fix this? Is there a limit? (i've synced about 800 apparently, of which probably 200 work).

This is incredibly annoying Spotify! I've just about had enough. I'm storing on external SD but shouldnt be the problem, it's a 32gb which was previously empty.

Running latest version of the app on Jellybean 4.2, Samsung GS3

Thanks.

5 Replies

Additionally- I should add that tracks appear normal - and are NOT greyed out within playlists. Thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Firstly, have you tried reinstalling Spotify using these steps?

Are you syncing over wifi or 2/3/4G LTE? Probably best to use Wifi.

It may be a bug with the latest android version. If any other users have this make sure to post:

Your android version/device model

Spotify version

What you're syncing over

Just helps to see if there's a particular set of devices being affected!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Just out of interest, do you get an error message when you try to play one of these tracks?

And one more bit of info (in addition to the above), what option do you have set for the 'sync quality' in the app?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have the exact same issue. When trying to fix the issue using that link it got worse. Now spotify doesnt work at all. I pay about $16 per month for nothing!!!!!

Suggested posts