Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

kindle fire

kindle fire

will spotify work on kindle fire?

19 Replies

The Kindle Fire is not a device we support at the moment. You can see a list of supported devices right here - http://www.spotify.com/mobile/overview/
Airhorn Enthusiast

Not to be rude, but you guys have had a while to get this app out.... so is it coming soon or do others and I switch to Rdio?

-Michael Archambault
@Marcham93

You could try installing Spotify on the Fire from m.spotify.com - but as mentioned above they don't support it 

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Just curious if there is a time schedule for when Spotify will work on Kindle Fire

The new version of the app should work on all devices running Android 2.3 and above - just go to the web address listed above and try it
----------------

Not to be dense, but do you mean http://www.spotify.com/mobile/overview/  If that's correct, I'm not sure where to go at that site. Thanks

Sorry, I meant the link in my earlier post - m.spotify.com
----------------

Thanks for your help I'll try that.

Good news! Spotify is now available for download in the US from the Amazon app store for the Kindle Fire.

Enjoy.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Would it be reasonable to assume that Spotify will soon be available in the UK for the Kindle Fire as well now?

While itsnot in the amazon app store yet you can get it by pointing your browser to m.spotify.com - does the Fire let you sideload apps?
----------------

and what about the UK Amazon appstore?

You're replying to a three month old thread ... however the app still isn't available is the uk Amazon Appstore
----------------

Yay, spotify works great on all my kindle fire hd! Just download it from the kindle app store on your device. However, it doesn't seem to show in the devices tab of my PC despite them both being on line??? Any Ideas anyone?

@simonpcadman wrote:

Yay, spotify works great on all my kindle fire hd! Just download it from the kindle app store on your device. However, it doesn't seem to show in the devices tab of my PC despite them both being on line??? Any Ideas anyone?

Are you following the steps in this help page and connecting them both to the same WiFi network? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've downloaded the Spotify app from the Amazon store to my Kindle Fire and have logged in and have access to my playlists.   But when I try to play a playlist or the radio, the device cuts out after a few minutes when the device goes to sleep.  This doesn't happen with Pandora, video sites, etc., in which cases the device seems to know the device is being used.    

I don't want to lengthen the "awake" time because that'd use more energy.  Any remedies?

Thanks,

Tom

I'm afraid it's a known issue with the spotify app on Kinle. All you can do is stop the device from sleeping.

Thanks, Joe.  Seems to be a major bug that limits the Spotify market.  I use Spotify for my home speaker system with wireless speakers and it'd be more compact and easier to use my Kindle than a laptop.  Anyway, thanks very much!

Sorry I couldn't offer something more positive. The spotify staff are aware of the issue but releases for Kindle seem somewhat thin on the ground 😞

Suggested posts