Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

stuck in offline mode

Solved!

stuck in offline mode

I am using spotify on an HTC inspire and its stuck in offline and seeing as I'm a paying customer I'd like to fix this ASAP without losing my music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try log out and then log in back.

Also keep in mind that it takes time for fix to everyone, some users are online now. All others soon when system is updated fully.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It is still not working with my Sony Tablet S (now on Android 4.0.3). Stuck in offline-mode with market app as well as with preview app. Both reinstalled, logged out etc. 

My Samsung Galaxy S with CM9 has no problems.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

This is a widespread issue that has just appeared. I have announced it here.

We will keep you updated.

Will spotify be issuing credits to accounts who pay for spotify?

Spotify is working on it hard. Be patient.

Eurg You pay for spotify and I dont even work 😞 *CRY*

@Cpb40 wrote:

Eurg You pay for spotify and I dont even work 😞 *CRY*

I do not have any problems. I listen Spotify all the time now in Online mode. Windows Phone app is outdated, but I can live with it until Microsoft updates it. Then Spotify can be totally awesome and I can remove this (When it works) from my signature! 😄

Glad you don't have issues but that has nothing to do with my topic. I wasn't asking to have people telling me theirs does.

As I say before, Spotify is working hard with this problem. Be patient. There is no solution for now, but Spotify is working on fix.

Patience I have but paying for a service you can't use is poor business. If they issued credit for paying customers during these types of situations then I'm sure people would be more understanding.

I do not think so. You can except a problems with any service. There is no service or machine that works 24/7.

Obviously but with good companies they will compensate to make up for it.

Problem is fixed now.

Really because mine is still in offline mode.
Marked as solution

Try log out and then log in back.

Also keep in mind that it takes time for fix to everyone, some users are online now. All others soon when system is updated fully.

That worked. I'm back up and running! Thanks!

This is the second time I've paid for a subscription and the second time I'm going to have to cancel it...my Droid Pro is constantly stuck in offline mode even when I'm sitting next to my wireless router.  The ONLY reason I pay a monthly fee is so I can stream on my phone.  How is Spotify different from any other service if this function is constantly not working??

Marked as solution

It is still not working with my Sony Tablet S (now on Android 4.0.3). Stuck in offline-mode with market app as well as with preview app. Both reinstalled, logged out etc. 

My Samsung Galaxy S with CM9 has no problems.

Still not working for me, hopefully it starts working soon. 

However, like the post above me, my rooted Evo 4g with CM9 (ICS 4.04), running the same version of the app, has no problems at all. 

Spotify Premium

Running preview version 0.5.0.972 on Dell Streak 7 (Android version 3.02) 

@hpguru wrote:

I do not think so. You can except a problems with any service. There is no service or machine that works 24/7.

This might be fine for you but I am paying to access music.  I am paying for a service. When I don't receive what I am paying for it becomes a problem.  I am a premium customer who has been in offline mode for months.  No real answers have been forthcoming and I have not received any credits. 

Spotify, how much longer do you think this will take. What is the progress report?  I noticed a message from July stating that the issues had been fixed, but I still dont' have my online status.  Frustrated because there is no real information other then Jude occasionally saying we are working on it and found a work around although we are not sure what it is.

Can I downgrade to a non-premium account then?

I have created a bug thread for this issue:

community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Stuck-in-offline-mode/m-p/316924

I have also linked to a form where you can provide some simple info for our developers.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts