Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airfoil + Spotify – Sound drops out

Airfoil + Spotify – Sound drops out

Recently I've started having problems with my Spotify playing via Airfoil. Very often the sound drops out. And every time a song is near the end – like 20 secs before the end – the sound drops out. I thought it looked like a bandwidth problem, but I've checked system resources, and internet connection, and that is not the problem.

I found this on Airfoils site:
http://rogueamoeba.com/support/knowledgebase/?showArticle=AirfoilSpotifyRelaunch

But my Spotify is located in the right application folder, so I think that is not the problem either.

Anyone experiencing the same problems? It's driving me mad... 😞

10 Replies

Did you check Statistics in Airfoil? Press Alt-Window in Airfoil, and you'll see this option. The percentage under Audio should be well under 1%. If not, your neighbour probably bought a new microwave and you have to switch channels in your wireless settings...  Happened to may several times.

Whoaa, why should something like that be so hidden? I did not know about that feature.

Here are my stats. How should I interpret that?

Spotify-stats.png

bump

I had similar problem, where airfoil signal would drop at last 20 sec in a song or whenever in beginning when choosing a new song.

My internet connection is 100 Mbit/s, my wireless network is effectively only ~30 Mbit/s.

When spotify starts buffering a new song, the heavy download blocks the airfoil upload for 3 seconds until spotify buffer is full. I can see the airfoil upload is reduced 50% mainwhile and a dropout follows.

Solution:

I limited upload/download by spotify to something like 2Mbit/s (could probably be as low as 512 kbit/s without any notice)

I used netlimiter 3 for windows 7. Im sure something equivalent is available for other operating systems.

Have fun

can someone share with me where to find "statisitcs" in a Mac OSx . since updating airfoil has been rendered unusable due to the dropouts... can't listen to music like that... If I can't stream at home then why have spotify 

Sorry to sound/be ignorant, but where and what I'm pressing "Alt-Window in Airfoil"? In the Airfoil folder on my hard drive? Or when the Airfoil window opens? I've tried to noodle this one but can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

>>I limited upload/download by spotify to something like 2Mbit/s 

Where/how did you do this?

it is to press the ALT key on your keyboard - hold it!

at the same time

Press the Window - in the application menu

this will show the ALTernative menu items

good luck

In the Mac version, it's just under the window option in the menu bar.

I found it under speakers in advance options.

Suggested posts