Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug in "click album art to jump to the currently playing song" feature

Bug in "click album art to jump to the currently playing song" feature

Glad to see that the "click album art to jump to the currently playing song" feature has made a return.

However, there is a bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start playing a song in a playlist

2. Skip to the next song (ideally with shuffle on)

3. Click the album art

4. Hit the delete key

What I see:

The currently playing song is highlighted, and then nothing happens.

What I expect to see:

The currently playing song is highlighted, and is then deleted.

You can click on the highlighted song after it is highlighted, and hit delete, and it deletes the track. So it looks like clicking on the album art is not properly marking the current track as selected (in a way that lets the delete key work).

11 Replies

Looks like it won't jump to the track if the playlist is sorted by any of the columns.

@Justin35

This is a known issue and is being looked into.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@user-removed

Hello there,

Clicking on the album art go back to the current song playing which is highlighted BUT it doesn"t mark the song as ready to be deleted. To delete a song even playing it needs :

To left click once the title and hit delete key .or to right click the title and select remove from this playlist (if the song was playing it will be deleted but it will finish to play unless you click next song)

That's a good way to prevent to delete a song by accident.

SoundofusSpotify Star

Yup, I know that. The behaviour you describe is what I consider a bug.

A good way to cope with accidental deletion is to offer an "undo" function, which is also a bug.

Undo will be coming back in a future update

MattSudaSpotify Star

This feature is broken in another way: now, the feature works for the first few clicks. After that, it starts jumping you to a completely unrelated track? Maddening. The only way to "fix" it is to play a new playlist, and then go back to the original playlist. (And sometimes when you do that, the album art doesn't even display, so you have to do it a second time.)

Do you folks even test the software you're shipping? How do "fixes" to bugs get shipped that are even more broken than the original bug (which was also due to QA error)?

Slight correct, it seems to jump you to a song *just next to* the song playing. Except the display in-situe in the playlist window indicates the wrong track is playing. i.e. the playing icon and the green highlight is on the wrong track.

I was happy to see this feature return after a couple months of it missing, but as of this morning it has stopped working for me again (using the desktop app on a Mac). Now when I click the song currently playing, nothing happens. Any ideas how to get it working again?

Play another playist for a few seconds, then go back in to your original playlist (wtf)

Appreciate the reply. Didn't do the trick for me, will give it another shot though. 

Yeah, this doesn't work for me at all any more

Suggested posts