Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play certain songs anymore

Solved!

Can't play certain songs anymore

About 2 days ago I noticed that alot of the songs in my playlists and songs in other peoples playlists seem to be removed. I can't play them anymore even though I have Spotify Unlimited. Does anybody have an idea as to what the problem might be? The song title that used to be "white" is now grey and it says "this song is not available anymore" but a few days ago I didn't have a problem playing them.
72 Replies

@Robmota 

That's probably why.

The reason is that the artist or their music label has decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of songs on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have trouble to listen on pc:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1166924460/playlist/1zTFuFAjLb7rAFHB6voSdb.

Working only songs:

- Highway...

- Dark moves...

I am having about the same problem now with the Entire Album Fallen by Evanescence, not playing, but showing up in my queue.

how did you delete the link between the local file and the online song? I don't really know where to find it... I have looked in the preference, but is there a way to do it only for the concerned songs.

Thanks

I would like to know how to do this as well - spotify is defaulting to the online version of the songs in my local files instead of the local file itself.  Can anyone tell me how to unlink the online song from the local file so only the local file version plays?

im having issues with hundreds of songs on my account. could play them before, but not now...unless you wanna wait a week or two for me to write them down i dont think youll get them all...

Help me on my spotify premium can't play some song on the playlist there's a red mark of download i guess ?

Help me on my spotify premium can't play some song on the playlist there's a red mark of download i guess ? User Singedd.21

https://open.spotify.com/album/5mPHUvTKqT1wsc6xePmDcb

Hello, this is the link that I couldn't listen to

trying to listen to 7-nation army glitch mob remix and it's greyed out, can someone help me plz?

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 12.28.07 PM.png

Just today I tried playing Get Some by Lykke Li and This is Gospel by Panic at the Disco and for some reason I can't play it on Spotify anymore. Any ideas? 

Actually it seems as though I can't play any song on the album Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die. Spotify says it's not available and that if I have it on my computer I can import it but it was available just yesterday!

here is a link that doesnt work for me spotify:track:20V4ncbcmfVKIuhCHTQ0DP

Here's the song I'm having trouble with 

https://play.spotify.com/album/1QSsgvJ1APCQhQgJk5J01Y

Thank you!

eee i was just about to send burst (skrillex, kill the noise, 12th planet) but found it was fixed.... thanks spotifyyyyyyy

Hey, four songs from my playlist are unclickable. All of them are by Seether, the songs are Take me Away, Got it Made, Sympathetic and 69 Tea. I maaged to find a live version of Sympathetic, but not the others.

Sounds like you may need to re-download them to your new phone. Open Spotify and download like you did on your old phone.
Music is the soundtrack of life!

Hi!

I seem to have the same problem as you guys - songs I used to be able to play (on Spotify Premium) are now 'gray' instead of 'white' and I can not play them on my computer or on my phone. For example the whole album "The Definitive Shine Box" from Picture House is now unavailable to me. Any ideas?

Suggested posts