Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync local files to phone?

Solved!

Can't sync local files to phone?

With the new update, my phone doesn't show up on the sidebar to click on and allow me to sync the local files that are unavailable from spotify directly. I'm sick of this premature update.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not acceptable as an excuse. You can't just remove features as you please. 

Can you please provide a downgrade link so we can get back to the Spotify versions that did have devices as an option? 

Suggested posts