Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find friends without facebook in Spotify

Solved!

How to find friends without facebook in Spotify

Hey
I have a little problem, there is no find option for new friends.
My father starts using Spotify but he dont have facebook- so i can't add him to watchers.
Can you solve that problem ? Or tell me how to find him because there is no option for it 😞

Greetings
Paweł

54 Replies

spotify:user:USERNAME,  IS NOT WORKING!!!  help!!! i wanna add my friendsss !!

Marked as solution

Hi,

It is working fine as I check. You should distinguish username and name. Ex, my name is A B C and my username is ab12, and you have to search spotify:user:ab12 to find me 🙂

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

it worked finally, what i had to add and aparently everybody is missing is the ( : ) at the end of the username as in

spotify:user:USERNAME:
instead of
spotify:user:USERNAME
cheerio...

why is it such a process to find friends??

My best "guess" is because most of Spotify's users have Facebook (in fact Facebook was required to make an account for a long time).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

I found friends using Spotify:user:name but then when I clicked follow they didn't show up under friends.

@witsendpoetry - Which friends list are you looking at? Anyone you follow should appear in the "Following" section on your profile.

Anywhere you see Friends, which sounds like the mobile applications only works with Facebook I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

+1 on spotify being less dependant on Facebook e.g. equal functionality to non-facebook users at least !

Why is searching for and adding friends such a hassle if you try to do so without using FB? The spotify:user:USERNAME doesn't work. It's not a privacy issue. It's ridiculous that the most basic feature of nearly any program, SEARCH, is this broken or difficult to use. Give people, especialy those of us that PAY for this service the ability to simply and easily search for and add friends by simply typing onlt their username ine the search field, then give them the option of either allowing us to follow them or not. It really comes across as a heavy handed way to force people to link up with FB in order to enjoy the most basic feature of your program. As for now I'm a paying user, but I can see that changing very soon.

Also, my friends that are linked up with FB can't find me by using my username in the search field either. It's straight up BS.

BS it is, non FB clients should pay a reduced fee for the service if you ask me

any how, I used the spotify:user:xxxx, even tried a : at the end and taking away any space between my friends user name. I continually got  after a hundred letter combinations, i got the message "please go online to view user profiles", I am on line, I am streaming music, i am getin frustrated. I thought I had cracked it when I got message "mmm the user profile has not loaded correctly - please try again" after what seems like a million try agains I gave up.

can anyone tell me what they mean by please go online... and why the BLDY software takes the PSS out of me and goes MMMMM 🙂

Ok, so i have a friend on spotify and i have searched for her with her username using spotify:user:{USERNAME} but still cant find her. she showed me that she has an account and we cant find each other. what's the problem?

I was just able to put someone's username in the search field with no spotify:user: stuff. 

Just the plain user name (eg "teflondon5000") in the searh field and it comes right up.

My non Facebook friend cannot find me by my user name. They typed in Spotify:user:jcwaters70 and nothing. Why?

I'm in the same boat as @cheezeballz578

Tell them to be sure to type it like this:

spotify:user:jcwaters70

All in lowercase. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify need to make it more user friendly. Anyone will just type their friends name or email address or spotify ID to search without know the complex way to search.

That is not intuitive at all. You need to fix that.

I just joined Spotify and I am so disappointed I am not able to connect with friends because I don't have Facebook. Can't Spotify live on its own or connect through multiple social networks? This is pathetic...

@cobaininacoma

You can still have friends without Facebook, if you ask them their usernames.

Just type this in the search bar:

spotify:user:username

Change 'username' with the actual username of the user you want to follow.

His profile will appear, and you will be able to follow him. If he / she follows you back, you will be able to send music through the app.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts