Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop autostart spotify

How to stop autostart spotify

It is super annoying spotify start it self since the last update and you can't turn it off. It just start when you start the computer.

no matter what you do. It seems like malware, but I have a fully legal premium account. 

how can I prevent Spotify only start when I want (and not automatic when i start the computer?)

5 Replies

Spotify does not care about it's users! Whenever we launch Spotify it ALWAYS sets itself to open automatically. I go to Preferences > Advanced > Open Spotify automatically and turn it OFF. As soon as we quit and reopen Spotify, it turns itself back on. Stop overriding our preferences. There are TONS of users on the forums reporting the same problem. Still no solution.

Audio levels vary drastically from one source to another on the Internet or your computer, etc.

Spotify auto starting a song instantly gives you no time to adjust the audio level.

That happening can cause some "very expensive damage" to any equipment including headphones or even ears that you use to listen to Spotify with. Let alone make a a person using Spotify look like a complete idiot to other people nearby when that happens.

Anyone selecting a song with Spotify and immediately getting audibly pounded by deafeningly loud music or a song they didn't want to hear yet, etc. is going to hate Spotify when that happens.

It is completely ignorant, inconsiderate and entirely unprofessional that Spotify allows that to go on.

I uninstalled because there is no option to disable autostart! It is too much annoying for me!

Just go to windows autostart activity menu and disable spotify. Link belw will help you

http://datorn.ifokus.se/discussions/562c9900ce12c41ce70023e8-stoppa-autostart-program-i-windows-10

Autostart issue is also present in the windows 10 project centennial app. Please add an option to be able to turnn off autostart at launch of windows 10 from the app settings. See also this link for more info: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Ideas-for-improving-Spotify-on-Windows-10-june-2017/id...

Suggested posts