18-03-2013 12:54 AM
i have the latest spotify and when i go to my starred playlist, theres a little lock and the words secret under the picture. i click public and it just goes back to secret. this is really bothering me. can someone please help me?
18-03-2013 11:40 AM
26-03-2013 01:57 PM
Okay, if this is an issue I can escalate it to the community team for you.
Would you be able to firstly:
- Perform a quick clean reinstallation of the client to ensure you are on the most recent version.
- Post here your Operating System and Spotify client version (should be v0.8.8.450!)
27-03-2013 04:27 AM
Me too. Version 0.8.8.450.gd9413516. Windows 7 64-bit. Spotify account created before facebook. Linked to facebook but login with spotify account.
Now eventhough the windows client says it is private it appears to be public on the server, at lest my android clients thinks so.
I can change it to private and then public on the android client and then the windows client gets the update if it is running and shows the new value of public but if I stop the windows client again and restart it it fails to display public.
As long as we are talking windows client bugs profile. The artist of all my playlists imported from itunes display as the same wrong artist only on my profile. It is right everyplase else but not on the profile.
27-03-2013 04:47 AM
Still more wrong. When I go to the http link for the playlist, http://open.spotify.com/user/xcea/starred it only shows 30 tracks in a different order instead of the 176 tracks that are in it.
27-03-2013 12:24 PM
Hey xcea Welcome to the community! Thanks for you detailed posts.
I am going to break down the different issues here to make it easier to keep track!
1. Starred playlist privacy is a topic which keeps coming up, I am going to escalate this to the community team to look into.
2. Your imported iTunes content, would you be able to take a screenshot of that and upload it to photobucket or something and post a link here? Again, I can escalate this if it is a bug.
3. Your starred playlist only showing 30 tracks is normal behaviour, the web pages only ever show a maximum of 30 tracks in the order in which they where starred.
27-03-2013 09:25 PM
27-03-2013 09:29 PM
Can you see my starred playlist? It's set to "Secret" (not purposefully, that's just how it is after the latest update).
If you can see it then I guess something is wrong, or the designer's definition of "Secret" isn't what we are all expecting.
|Hi folks. We're aware that ... . We're investigating!|
To stay updated please come in here.
|We just announced a new, massive Android beta!|
Want to know more, sign up, be awesome? If so, please have a look here.
|Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.|
Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.