Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac, Windows, Web Player)

Music Fan

Re: There is a problem with your sound card. Spotify can't play music.

yeah :-) that worked for me..thanks :-)

Music Fan

I have tried everything here and still have the same exact problem.  Even after reinstalling.  Please help! 

Music Fan

My sound only works when running Spotify with administrator privs. Using Asus XOnar Phoebus.
Music Fan

Did what you said and it works perfectly now. Thank you! :D

Concert VIP

Thanks Th

his Really Helped Me Out! I Thought I Would Never Be Able To Listen To Music Again!

Concert VIP

Thanks This Really Helped.

Music Fan

Re: There is a problem with your sound card. spotifuggle can't play music.

Hello, I'm new to all this~~~and just don't understand  where I find everything you said to do. Is it on Spotily?? Or MY computer??? I really need help. I love this website and hate not having it. It took 3 hours just to locate this page. I have 6 windows open, going back and forth!!! If you can spare a couple mins. of you're time, pls send a little more help. It's my sound card, whatever that is. Thank-you so very much! Sincerely,Peggy Ferrera

Music Fan

I am having issues with my sound card, only my situation is slightly different, Spotify will play a couple of songs after a PC restart and then all of a sudden it has a problem with the soundcard. I am getting frustrated, Spotify has my orginal music on it and Pandora doesn't, so I choose to use Spotify because I am vain this way. All I want to do is listen to my music while I work, please don't make me go back to Pandora, it doesn't have my original music on it......

Music Fan

Somehow my audio files got corrupted when playing spotify on an external audio device.  I noticed the problem when i switched back to the laptop audio devices.   Apparently, Spotify/laptop does not handle transitioning from one device to another all that well.  Closing spotify (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) fixed the problem.

Music Fan

Hi. Sorry to bother you but there's a problem with sotify and is satds that there is something wrong with my sound card and spotify can't play music and  I unstallled it and reinstalled it 2 times already and it still doesn't work and I really want to know how to fix that problem.

Announcements
Test Spotify Connect
Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.