Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What playlist is playing?

What playlist is playing?

Using the Spotify app (1.0.4.90) on OSX: after I select a playlist to play how do I identify the playlist that's playing? Right-clicking the cover art for the currently-playing song doesn't provide this info. Clicking on the Queue only shows the song, artist and album that is or has played and what will be playing, but not the playlist from which it is playing. Is the playlist name hidden somewhere or am I overlooking something?
7 Replies

Hello there,

When you play a playlist, in the left side, in the section "Playlists" you should see a speaker icon in front of the title of the playlist playing.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the response. I should clarify that this is not one of my playlists; rather one found by searching Spotify (i.e. someone else's list) so it's not one of the playlists listed under the Playlists section.

Actually, the only suggestion I can make is to follow (subscribe to) temporarily the playlist and it will go in the section "Playlists".  If you don't want keep it, you can unfollow it after.

SoundofusSpotify Star

Thank you for the suggestion. Now if I could just find the playlist in order to Follow it. Smiley Sad

You are welcome. Was it a playlist you found from the section Browse ? or somewhere else ? a site ? a friend ?

SoundofusSpotify Star

It was discovered using a Search so I believe it was another user's (I don't know who) public playlist. I'm sure I can find it with the right search terms.

good luck 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

Suggested posts