Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add local files since latest version!

Solved!

Can't add local files since latest version!

Since the latest update I am unable to add local music files into spotify in any way shape or form. They don't show up in the local files tab and I can't drag n drop them into the client anymore either. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Instead of waiting for missing features that may never come back, you can get rid of this unfinished beta piece of crap and enjoy a fully-fonctional Spotify again by reverting to the previous version :

http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/wiki/1011060gc75ebdfd#wiki_reverting_to_an_older_version_.28without_...

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Drag and dropping local files into the app is not supported in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This does NOT work for me!! It refuses to show any files in the folder I added. And yes... it is the correct folder. I restarted the client also.

For the love of god, add the feature back to drag and drop from folders, whats the point in changing your program if you're only gonna go backwards and make things worse, instead of improving and going forward?

@marskatta 

Do you have thousands of local files?

There is currently a problem where it will not show if you have more than 20,000 local files.

The desktop team is investigating it, but there is currently no estimated time frame on when it will be fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Instead of waiting for missing features that may never come back, you can get rid of this unfinished beta piece of crap and enjoy a fully-fonctional Spotify again by reverting to the previous version :

http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/wiki/1011060gc75ebdfd#wiki_reverting_to_an_older_version_.28without_...

thanks Grazzt
gona stay on the older version until drag and drop comes back!

You're welcome !

I'm personnally gonna stay on the older version until Apple Beats is released  😉

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/technology/apple-and-beats-developing-streaming-music-service-to-r...

I only have 403 songs.  These were listed in the previous version but I have just updated to the latest version.  Now when you go to the local files tab you can see I have 403 local files but there is no longer a list of them so it is impossible to add them to playlists.  I am running Windows 7.  Hope you can help.  

This is what I'm having issues with. I can select and press "ok" to add a source folder all I want, but it won't show up in my sources.

Two years later and the problem still seems to appear. Either spotify crashes or only indexes half of my local files. (almost 100k mp3s collected since the end of the 90s)

I was too. Why can't I download my own song in local file and how to add local file into iPhone?

Suggested posts