Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ctrl - F not working in new version? (1.0.1.805.gd2412973)

Solved!

Ctrl - F not working in new version? (1.0.1.805.gd2412973)

I realise after the update the layout is different and I can no longer use the Ctrl - F function. (Pressing Ctrl - F has no reaction)

I used to be able to find songs saved in my list with only a few alphabets. Imagine having to manually search through 1000 song names.

Is this a permanent change? Or my client is bugged?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@theonebshaw 

Spotify has confirmed that CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hi Bakasora!

Ctrl+F doesn't work, but you can focus the search bar with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ L (https://support.spotify.com/nl/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Keyboard-shortcuts). You can't search within playlists but it's handy to know.

Also while having your playlist selected you can search a bit by sorting the desired column (Artist / Songname / Albumname etc.), and just start typing away. That way Spotify will select the first song matching your input. This isn't possible on an artist page, only in playlists.

Hope this helps a bit.

In 1.0.1.805, your suggestion unfortunately doesn't work, also not in local files; if I want to find something in my 9000 local tracks, I have to scroll now... So basically completely useless. Why on earth would anybody come up with the idea to remove search functionality? 

The 1.0.1 update is the new version that will be released to everyone in early 2015 once it's finished.

It is currently in somewhat of a "beta" state, and users are being selected at random (usually a very small percentage) to help test it out before everyone gets it. 

You can try reinstalling Spotify if you want the old version back. (I can't guarantee that it won't auto update again) 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yeah, MattSuda, I've seen your reply in the other threads as well; thanks for the suggestion. But, as a beta-user, I believe it is important to provide feedback about what is wrong with new versions. Otherwise, why use beta-testers? So hence my replies to these topics to confirm that removing search functionality is a very, very bad idea. 

This missing feature (Ctrl + f searching) is still not fixed; I just received the update and was extremely disappointed to find that the basic feature had somehow been lost in the new release. Spotify, please fix this and release it as quickly as practical.

Marked as solution

@theonebshaw 

Spotify has confirmed that CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm glad to hear that the Ctrl-F function is coming back. However, with the new update, I can't even start typing to automatically reach for songs starting with that letter within my own playlists. Is it this intentional?

@Condition 

This feature is not in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Gotcha. Thanks for the amazingly fast reply! 🙂

I got a new update today but the ctrl F still doesn't work. Do you know when it will come back?

@Jasmine7 

Spotify has not yet said when it is coming back, but it will for sure be coming back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I got 1.0.3.98.g5ef498fc version but still nothing about Ctrl+F right now this is most annoying thing ever about Spotify PLEASE bring it back ASAP.

What is your source? Could you please provide a link to this announcement? I would very much like to hear it from the horses mouth. This is a critical feature as I have more than 1000 songs in my Spotify list.

ctrl + f missing AGAIN!
This is like dealing with some bipolar person, you never know what´s going today.

Are you running Windows?

Do you have Spotify 1.0.19?

The Ctrl-F box opens on my Spotify in the top middle of the screen right under the AlbumArt icon for a playlist.

Besides Ctrl-F you can open the Filter entry TextBox by clicking "Edit" in the UpperLeft-- and then clicking "Filter" in the next to last line in the DropDown menu that appears.

Thanks for reporting the problem here.

So, is Ctrl-F ever coming back to local files? You're actually insane if you think that I'm going to sort through my 7,000+ songs manually everytime I get a new album to add to my Playlists.

Suggested posts