Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Currently playlist not updating which song is playing

Currently playlist not updating which song is playing

When I choose a playlist, the ability to see what song is playing in the playlist seems to be broken. 

In my screenshot, you can see that Track 4 is actually playing, but the playlist "Now Playing" green highlights and speaker icon are stuck on Track 1. 

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 10.29.39 AM.png
12 Replies

This is a known issue that is being looked into. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Has this been fixed yet? 

This has not been fixed yet. What the heckerino?

2x2aTp6

Still seeing this (on Win) after XYZ new releases. Happens every time after 2 - 3 songs, it is a shame they cannot fix it...

...especially shame for Spotify as I am not going to pay premium for something that does not even show which track is playing.

Mine always gets stuck saying that an ad is playing, and the play/pause button doesnt work. Luckily there is play/ skip track buttons that pop up when you hover over the taskbar, or I wouldnt be able to control it at all...

I have the same problem, and it's not limited to playlists. At some point while playing an album, the lower left corner no longer updates, and the progress bar at the bottom still shows the time of the ads.

Same issue here, waiting for fix, is really annoying, have to close and open spotify everytime that happens.

Not really a fix but adjusting the volume through the web client's volume control fixes this issue.

still not fixed...
plus now its not working in chrome...

I guess they can do whatever they want since they have no real competition for now...

😞 please come back grooveshark

I have this problem on Chrome too, each time I'm playing a playlist. I was surprised to see this is a known issue, since it seems like such a basic feature...

Happening to me too. Spotify windows client, running on Win7.

I used to press play/pause to fix this, sometimes stays stuck, sometimes only the artist is updated. Are you really selling this service Spotify?

Suggested posts