Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends can't see my playlists

Solved!

Friends can't see my playlists

In my profile Spotify says: Your public profile. People visiting your profile will be able to see the music you publish.

I have set it to publish all playlists & have checked "Share activity on Spotify social" in my preferences, but people are still saying that they can't see my playlists. What gives?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey fordie, I've just had a look at your account myself and I can see all your playlists just fine.

However, in our system it appears you have a duplicate account (created for you in error during the Facebook integration). Since this won't have any playlists on it, it's probably why it looks blank to your friends.

The solution then should just be to follow the instructions in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

In short, just use 'fordie' as the username to sign in with and connect that to Facebook.

Let me know how you get on!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hmmm. I wonder if this is what spotify are talking about in this tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/SpotifyStatus/status/174891566622711808

Marked as solution

Hey fordie, I've just had a look at your account myself and I can see all your playlists just fine.

However, in our system it appears you have a duplicate account (created for you in error during the Facebook integration). Since this won't have any playlists on it, it's probably why it looks blank to your friends.

The solution then should just be to follow the instructions in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

In short, just use 'fordie' as the username to sign in with and connect that to Facebook.

Let me know how you get on!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

That did it, thanks. 

I have the same problem also.

i have some Musik om my PC. when i put it into my playlists. my friends can't se it.
whats the problem here ? 🙂

@Jenser84 wrote:

I have the same problem also.

i have some Musik om my PC. when i put it into my playlists. my friends can't se it.
whats the problem here ? 🙂

If it's music stored on your computer then the problem might be that we don't have the song in our own catalogue. So we can't deliver it for other users.

The same thing is for me. When i go to my playlists i can see them all. but when my friends go to my profile all they can see are my "top tracks"  a playlist that i did not even create. i want people to come to my profile and see all my playlists. its really annoying how no one can. i checked prefrences, settings, and it says they are all published but it doesnt show up. PLEASEHELP

i have a lot of playlists the only on my friends can see is my "top tracks" that i cant even edit. can someone tell me how all my playlists can be visable? please help!

When you right-click your own playlists is 'Published' ticked? Like so:

Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 7.25.31 PM.png

Hi!

I have the same problem, i would like to share playlists so if any in spotify search for ex, "Rock of the 80´s" then my playlist would come upp and the user can subscribe to my list. But my friends who i tested this with can't find my playlist. I have right click the playlist and checked "Publish" and i have been in my profile and checked so my playlist is "Published" and it is,i have even unchecked "Top tracks and other and have only one playlist published. I can see my playlist that is published when i search for it but my friends can't find it????Why??Please help me!!Is there anything else i must do?do i have to publish my playlist in any forum or sites or do i must have a FB account?I am even an premium member!!Thanks

/ ED

I have some playlist as collaborative and I want to make sure that my playlists are all public. Two of of my playlist are and the one does not. I have tried right clicking and clicking on "Make Public" but it is grayed out. Any suggestions?

Collaborative playlists can't be published to your public profile. My guess is this is a design choice so you control who can see the playlist (by sharing it with them) since there is no sort of owner control over the playlist to stop others from finding it on your profile and vandalizing it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i've tried disconnecting from facebook so many times. my friends cannot see my playlists and when i try to follow these instructions i dont even see all of the options you say i would have. i need direct assistance to my specific situation. thank you.

ps. i'm not sure what my spotify username is and spotify doesnt tell me, it uses my email.

@Lzrd, same problem here. Looks like the Spotify team does not comment when they can't figure out the problem. It's a shame because I pay 10 euro's a month for this service.

It is a shame. I want to pay more to spotify and get more of my family and cannot. Maybe I will give the apple offering a go for the new family member and take it from there. Not a clever model at all Spotify. 

hey, i really like to be able to share my paylists with others but out of the blue all my friends are saying that they cant see any playlists i have ?made, although i can see them fine i double checked and all of the playlists are on public not on private. anyone know how to sort it out and get my playlists to show up

Suggested posts