Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hasn't changed from free to premium

Hasn't changed from free to premium

Last Thursday I switched over from free to premium. Back in January I used the Free trial for Premium and it switched over on my mac instantly. This time it didn't happen instantly. I emailed them and the guy said that everything was find on their end and if I had any issues to contact him again. He also said it could take up to 24 hours to register and switch over. To restart Spotify. 

I did. No change.

It's now Wednesday. Almost a full week after I purchased the premium account and it's still playing commercials. I'm unable to stream it on my phone. Ect. Ect. Ect.

I've emailed the first guy that helped me with no response. I've emailed them 3 other times and I've gotten no response. 

Any help would be great. 

23 Replies

Hello.

I've just taken a look at your account and it seems one of our advisors would have sorted this out for you. Check your email inbox - they should have got in touch.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have the same problem. I installed the free version and upgraded to premium. However, spotify does not recognize my account is premium.

Hi Xjoyceex- That's quite strange--in our system is shows the upgrade has gone through successfully. 

Please try shutting down the app and signing back in with your 'xjoyceex' username and password. 

If you'ree still not receiving Premium, scroll down to our contact form (about us > contact). I can then help you directly via your email. 

I'm having the same problem. Just upgraded to premium and neither my mac desktop nor my mobile phone (android) are recognizing the upgrade. I've tried clearing the saved data on my mobile app and re-installing the desktop app.

Hi lizzzie- How is it working for you today? Your Premium subscription has definitely gone through on your account. 

Just be sure you're logging in with the exactly same email address and password that you use for Facebook. 

I have the same problem, I just upgraded my account, and my iPhone recognizes that I have a premium account, but my mac-client still plays ads, and it's really frustrating! Is this what I payed for?

reinstall spotify. (I just made a post that has the nittygritty.)

Hey. I have the same problem.

Its been 3 days since i upgraded account but i still log in and get "free" account with commercials.

Can u please look into this problem for me?

anticorn - Your upgrade has definitely gone through. Are you receiving your Premium service when you sign in with your 'anticorn' username?

solojim - Have you tried a resintall as eh9 suggested? Please give that a try and sign in with your 'solojim' username and Spotify password. 

If you're still having trouble please head over to our contact form. We can offer some more support from there and you back to Premium. 

Hi 

I have switched back and forth between free and premium over time.

I have just re upgraded but I am still getting the ads - the website recognises I am on unlimited.

but the app doesn't ?

can you look into it please,

toby 

Hi tobybarnes - I've just made another post about this right here

We're currently looking into why a few of you aren't receiving Premium after upgrading. Keep an eye on that thread--as soon as there's an update I'll make another post. 

In the meantime, if you think you're also experiencing this issue filling out our contact form is best. From there our payments team can lend you a hand. 

I have tried reinstall. Im using spotify on 3 devices; Phone, Laptop and Workstation PC. None of them has upgraded to Premium but still you have charged my VISA for it.

I have used contact form as requested. Hope this can be sorted out soon. Its been a week from upgrade with no Premium now.

I have filled in the form as requested.

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi tobybarnes - I've just made another post about this right here

We're currently looking into why a few of you aren't receiving Premium after upgrading. Keep an eye on that thread--as soon as there's an update I'll make another post. 

In the meantime, if you think you're also experiencing this issue filling out our contact form is best. From there our payments team can lend you a hand. 

Hey

I have just upgraded my Spotify to premium but I'm still getting ads and the option to upgrade?

It isn't working on my android either?

Please could you take a look?

I'm having the same problem. In account settings on the Spotify website it says that I have a premium account, but the webplayer says I am still on free. I can't get my mobile or desktop apps to sync either. I have done the install and reinstall process as well.

Thanks

I have de the same problem, i dont know what to do. 

@Drewraffe wrote:

Last Thursday I switched over from free to premium. Back in January I used the Free trial for Premium and it switched over on my mac instantly. This time it didn't happen instantly. I emailed them and the guy said that everything was find on their end and if I had any issues to contact him again. He also said it could take up to 24 hours to register and switch over. To restart Spotify. 

I did. No change.

It's now Wednesday. Almost a full week after I purchased the premium account and it's still playing commercials. I'm unable to stream it on my phone. Ect. Ect. Ect.

I've emailed the first guy that helped me with no response. I've emailed them 3 other times and I've gotten no response. 

Any help would be great. 

@ntito @dtsvo 

Sorry for the trouble! Premium usually activates instantly. There seems to be a delay right now.

Please be patient and try to log out and back in a few times every once in a while to see if it has activated.

You can also contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also have this issue
Can someone help me

Hey @S1400651, do you already have contacted Spotify Support? You can find the link to the contact form in the post of @MattSuda.

Cheers,

Suggested posts