Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change my profile picture?

Solved!

How do I change my profile picture?

I'm a long term subscriber, The 4 songs out of the first 5 I saved to my spotify account became my profile picture. Two of the 4 pictures are the same band. I like these songs but dont feel they represent my true musical taste or favorites. How can I customize my profile picture?

Edit - My apologies, I think I posted this in the wrong forum, I'm using the downloadable Spotify app for PC. Mods please move if need be.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Profile pictures need to be updated by a 3rd party unless you have a VIP account in which case you should be able to change it I think:
http://www.spotifyartists.com/faq/#how-do-i-update-my-biography-and-photo-on-my-artist-page

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hello, Fredcat! I've moved this topic to a more suitable category! To answer your question: The only way to change your profile picture is by linking your account to Facebook and then it will use the Facebook profile picture. There's currently no way to set an avatar to represent your public profile if your are not linked to Facebook.

From what you are saying, I get that you created a playlist and the songs you added to that playlist became its avatar. Just like above, there's currently no way to customize your playlist picture.

Hi,

Also, just to add:

There is an idea for being able to edit your profile picture without connecting to facebook here. It has been marked as Not right now as they have other priorities right now but that doesn't mean they won't come back to it in the future.

There is also an idea for customising playlist pictures and info here.

Feel free to add Kudos and comment on them to show your support!

Anthony 🙂

Edit #1: Spelling correction

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I am having a similar problem, however, I am and artist (Xayne). I recently changed my picture on my various social media sites, but my spotify profile pictue has not yet been changed. How can I fix this?

Add your tracks!

What's a Spotify Rock Star , and how do I become one?
Do not touch
Don't touch this either
Seriously, stop
Marked as solution

Profile pictures need to be updated by a 3rd party unless you have a VIP account in which case you should be able to change it I think:
http://www.spotifyartists.com/faq/#how-do-i-update-my-biography-and-photo-on-my-artist-page

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

Thanks!

Add your tracks!

What's a Spotify Rock Star , and how do I become one?
Do not touch
Don't touch this either
Seriously, stop

I seriously don't understand why it would be so difficult to bring out an update allowing Spotify users to add a photo from their camera roll! 💢
I mean, I love Spotify but it pisses me off.

I figure the problem would be screening out offensive photos.  I'm sure Facebook has a robust algorithm to screen them out, so Spotify is pretty much piggybacking off of that.

Still doesn't change the fact that Spotify needs to hurry up and give us a way to put a photo up directly!

I have Spotify connected with Facebook yet my profile picture is still not coming up on my Spotify account. Why is this?

Same and I just want it to show up its really bothering me haha

me too. its a darn long re-fresh. i linked accounts but it still has old pic....anyone find the answer to this one?

Agreed!  I am connected to Facebook, and the profile picture doesn't show up.  I've disconnected and reconnected and still nothing.  Any suggestions???

I managed to change my profile picture here on the Spotify COMMUNITY (using a pc) but then when I open my Spotify profile (the real one, i mean not the community thingy) both in my pc and phone, the profile picture I have in the community is still not displayed. It was not easy for me to change my profile pic in the community, good thing i rean a lot of forums and all, right now i think i need more help for this one lol

I changed my profile picture through this spotify community and it worked, but when I looked at the real spotify ( i mean the one that's not 'community' ) my profile picture turns out to be my facebook profile picture 
I'm actually really confused now, i dont want to use my fb profile pic which is why i changed it through the spotify community, need help please 

3rd party?

How about a songs album art  getting set as your facebook and spotify profile avatar dunno how it got there...the album art jpg was never attached to any other accounts or apps

Suggested posts