Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete songs from a playlist

Solved!

How to delete songs from a playlist

how do you delete songs from a playlist? either on mac or ios?

129 Replies

Hey don't know if this is still important to you, but you can filter your playlist and change the order of it!!

When you are in your playlist just go all the way up and click the button on the right with the arrow, that allows you to change the order... I go by Artist!!

Also if you are looking for ONE specific song, and you know the name just search it in the search bar that is right beside the button in just told you about!

Hope this helps

Thanks. I do know the mechanics of how to delete a specific song. The problem I have is that even once the song is deleted, It continues to pop up when I'm listening to my play list.

Any ideas?

I swiped left after the 3 dots and it says the song was deleted but it's still showing on the playlist???!

There is no red symbol. I'm dying to delete songs that were put on playlist twice. Apple Music has a delete function?

I, too, want to delete a song or two from my playlist. Either I put them on there by mistake, or I just don't want them there any more.

The instructions I have seen on this site are:

1. Open playlist

2. Open options (three dots at the top)

3. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.

Well, sorry. When I press the three dots at the top, the following menu appears:

Download

Rename

Go to Playlist Radio

Make collaborative

Make public

See?  Absolutely no "red symbol" anywhere. I must be doing something wrong. Please advise. My email address is carphil019@gmail.com.

Thank you.

So from what I can tell, Spotify has updated their app so that you can edit the playlist, even if you are now in the middle of it, and you won't have to scroll back to find the song that you wanted to delete initially. You should be able to hit the three circles in the top right when playlist is open, THEN you want to press the 'Edit' button, which will bring up all of the red circles next to each song. I believe deleting them in this way will only delete the song from your playlist, and not from your library. Hope this helps.

You may have deleted the song from your library, which is different from the playlist. Try opening your playlist, and then tap the three dots in the top right. You should see an 'Edit' button to press in the menu that appears. Press 'Edit', and it should give you a bunch of red circles next to each song, each of these red buttons can be used to delete each song from the playlist.

That's great. Now if they could add the option of removing the currently playing song from the playlist I'd be content. 

That works perfectly. The issue I have is finding a song in a long playlist and deleting it. The three dots and the edit option disappear as soon as you hit search. And there is no way to scroll down to the currently playing song. 

I believe you only have to scroll up a small amount to bring the dropdown
menu down so that you can select the three dots. I used to have an issue
where the playlist would go back to the top after I'd select 'Edit', but
this was fixed for me at some point and I only realized it a couple of days
ago. Have you tried checking to see if there are any updates available for
the app on your phone?

I have the latest version. Like said, the problem is finding the song you want to delete in a massive playlist. There are workarounds, like sorting the list by artist, scrolling down and then deleting, but that's way too cumbersome. 

Oooohhh I see what you're saying. Yeah, that's a pain. A simple playlist
search feature would be great...

Any ideas on getting a Spotify Moderator to react on this age old thread?

Lol, no idea. It will likely just get lost in the abyss of these forums, but I'll highlight/tag some stuff anyway and see what happens.

I do not have, or cannot locate, any kind of EDIT button.

The only things I see on the screen when I press those three dots is the
menu of items that I listed in my initial inquiry. There is NO edit button
anywhere that I can find.

Marked as solution

I have found the dots and the red button, and "deleted" the songs I don't want. However, for whatever reason, some of the songs I've deleted still play when I listen to my playlist...must be a software glitch with Spotify that they need to address.

It is so upsetting to my that I still cannot delete the CURRENTLY PLAYING SONG from my playlist. If you click the menu, every stupid option is there except REMOVE from playlist. 

I have hundreds and hundreds of songs in my playlist. It is really inconvenient to not be able to do this.

If I scroll through the actual playlist I can delete them from there just can't delete the currently playing song, on Android, the Web Player, or on the Mac App.

Everyone interested in this feature, please vote for the feature suggestion here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Playlists-Filter-Option-While-Deleting-Songs/idi-p/1...

There are no red dots and no options to remove the song, just those shown in the attached.

I got into the playlist thru Your Library, Playlists and selected the playlist I created. Then selected the song I want to delete and pressed the 3 dots.
image.png

There is no red button anywhere next to song. Really frustrating because I put a whole album on playlist when I only intended to put on one song. Do I have to delete the whole playlist and start over??

Suggested posts