Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac OS] Spotify keeps crashing instantly on launch

[Mac OS] Spotify keeps crashing instantly on launch

I was running Spotify on my Mac (Version 10.8.5) and today I went to open the application and it just kept crashing within seconds of opening. I followed all of the instructions to delete the application and found that there were no folders in the /library/caches folder and nothing in the /library/application support folder. I know there are supposed to be files there, but there were none. And I tried to uninstall and reinstall and that didn't work either. I'm a premium member and really want to be able to listen to my music during the day while at work 😞 someone please help!!

4 Replies

It sounds like you are having the same issue as discussed over on this thread. If you could get in touch with support as @Greg suggested there they will be able to lend a hand to troubleshoot further. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you Peter, it appears I'm having a similar issue, although I'm not running Mavericks. I still haven't upgraded. I did however try to disconnect from internet and it opened alright, but then as soon as I go back online, the app crashes within a few seconds. 

I've tried re-installing after cleaning everything off of my hard drive, but the weird thing is there are no files associated with Spotify. Even when I tried to reinstall it, there are no Application Support folders or Cache folders, is this normal? 

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. At this point it looks like I've tried everything I can find. 

Are you connecting via an internet proxy at all?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nope - no proxy. 

Suggested posts