Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Music -> Albums: No option to set offline

My Music -> Albums: No option to set offline

Hi there,

As this feature exists in the ios app, I figured it was some type of bug causing it not to work on the desktop app. Then I saw a "Solved" post from April, saying the feature was coming soon. Well. It's October. It's not "Solved."

Not all of us stay online with our computers at all times. I was about to kill all of my playlists, as they are all just albums anyway (for the most part) so I can play them offline. It's impossible to find the actual playlists in there with so many albums..

I know I'm not the only one. Please help. 

Thanks,

-J

5 Replies

Hello,

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

You should see a button to save an album. If you've clicked that, it should be available at the 'Albums' tap at 'Your music'.

The best thing is to create an playlist for it, because you can always remove songs you don't like.

To save an album as playlist, go to the Albums section at 'Your music'  and hover with your mouse over the album. You should see a checkmark, an play button, and a button with three dots (...). Click the button with the three dots, and click then at 'Add to..' -> New Playlist (or add it to an existing playlist).

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the response. I am well aware of the playist functions, but I am trying to use the following feature on the desktop app (mac):

In the ios app: Choose the My Music -> Album -> In Album view, make available offline.

Stage 1.pngStage 2.jpg

In Mac App: No Option, only add to playlist via the "..." menu as you mentioned, or a check/X to delete it:

Step 3.png

Also in the mac app - a ton of albums as playlists (I still listen to full albums. I know I'm rare, but there are some artists out there who take a ton of time to make them one long piece to be enjoyed in a sitting):

Step 4.png

Makes it hard to find actual playlists amongst the many full albums I have put there (just because it is the only way to play them offline). It seems like the "my music" section is designed to fix this problem, and as I pointed out, the feature exists on the ios app - which is why I thought it must be a bug. 

Thanks again for posting back. 

-J

I don't think this feature has been added yet. 

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hello Spotify,

The feature to play Albums Offline is still missing on the Mac. Is there anything new, or why is no one at Spotify answering this??

It's obvious what the original poster has requested:

There's no Offline function for playing an album on the Mac.

And why should anybody want to play albums _only_ as playlists when artists invest a lot of time into making complete albums. You know that, Spotify. Why does no one care for a legitimate question like this??

Agreed - seems ridiculous that it is available in the ios app, but not on macos - what reason could there be for not including this functionality? And hear hear about albums, I listen to albums because artists have gone to the trouble of creating them. Why make it harder to have them available offline by having the user create a playlist from what is essentially already a playlist!

Suggested posts