Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify won't open at all.

Solved!

My spotify won't open at all.

So here's the deal is I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, and I've reinstalled spotify (after completely clearing it from my macbook) twice now. But every time I try to open it, all I get is: 

Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 7.33.30 PM.png 

this. Forever. I thought maybe I just needed to be patient and let it do its thing for a bit. So I waited, and waited, until finally it tells me that it's not responding and **bleep**s out on me. Please help, restarting my computer and reinstalling the app doesn't seem to help at all and I want my music back. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found my own solution using an app you can download online called appcleaner. You can find it here http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Once its downloaded, put the spotify app into it and delete all the files shown. Then redownloading it worked for me.  

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Man, I don't believe it. It's now working as before. I'm so happy 🙂

I've got a small linux server in my basement, which wasn't booted due to a short blackout. Everytime I forced Spotify to stop, a message appeard that my Server could not be found. I thougt it might be coincidence but as it happend four or five times I went down and booted my server.

I don't know what my server has got to do with Spotify, but now as it works I'm really happy.

Greeting,

Jannik

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Please paste this through RUN command.

/Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotify --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

I've got the same problem here under exactly same conditions. When I run the command, Spotify opens but there's still the gray background and nothings happening at all. 

My old version from the Backup works, but as soon as i reopen Spotify the problem appears again. 

Also you can try to delete AppData\Local\Spotify folder, i don't know exactry how it looks in  OS X

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

The equivalent on Mac should be Library/Application Support/Spotify. Deleting this one also doesn't help 😞

Well, it really pi**** me off now. I've installed an uninstalled it for dozen times, but nothing changes. I downloaded an older version, which works, but now I have no Spotify Connect. 

Has nobody got a solution?

Marked as solution

I found my own solution using an app you can download online called appcleaner. You can find it here http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Once its downloaded, put the spotify app into it and delete all the files shown. Then redownloading it worked for me.  

Nope, doesn't help here. At least the command gives now a feedback:

Janniks-MBP:~ jannikbeibl$ /Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotify --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

/Users/jannikbeibl/Library/LaunchAgents/com.spotify.webhelper.plist: Operation already in progress

2015-04-23 23:05:15.363 Spotify Helper[1188:418212] Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x7be95350 </Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/Frameworks/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/Libraries/PDF.plugin> (not loaded)

Terminated: 15

Maybe this helps someone to help me.

Marked as solution

Man, I don't believe it. It's now working as before. I'm so happy 🙂

I've got a small linux server in my basement, which wasn't booted due to a short blackout. Everytime I forced Spotify to stop, a message appeard that my Server could not be found. I thougt it might be coincidence but as it happend four or five times I went down and booted my server.

I don't know what my server has got to do with Spotify, but now as it works I'm really happy.

Greeting,

Jannik

Suggested posts