Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Mac Spotify update...

New Mac Spotify update...

I absoulutely hate it. There's no friend thing on the right anymore, there's no Apps left and where the banner is the sides of it are just black and empty. Is there actually any thing good in this update except for it being a bit wider? 

(This is just an opinion. Not trying to bash the designer or anything. Thanks Spotify for letting me listen to music at the cost of a couple of ads)

9 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Thanks for your opinion.

About 'no apps left'.. Spotify announced external (third part) apps will be removed from Spotify, so that is probably what happened in your latest update. The update is available for a small group, so you should be one of them. The majority users will get this update in early 2015, according to the Spotify developer post, which you can find here.

Thanks for making me feel special and clearing thinks up. 🙂

There will be plenty more improvements to the new version over the upcoming months. Sorry you had to be part of the test group 😉 Spotify usually chooses randomly or something 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ooh, yay new Update 😄

I have to agree with you. This update is pretty much entirely a step backwards.

Pros:

+ Spotify Connect is now built-in.

Cons:

- Number of settiing options has been reduced. E.g: I can't choose Spotify's cache location anymore. Now I'm expected to store my songs on my limited-capacity SSD, when I have a perfectly capable 1TB mechanical disk.

- Stupidly big row sizes.

- No more apps. This issue is being discussed elsewhere.

Every single update seems to fix what isn't broken, remove some good features, and rarely addresses what the users want (See the "Ideas" forum.. Took about 3 years to check for duplicates, for example).

If Spotify didn't have such a monopoly in music streaming in my country, I would have jumped ship a long time ago.

This is ridiculous.

i still have apps?

Check your version. Is it 1.0.1.805.gd2412973

i didnt get the new Version! Hmm

just got the new update :: i can't see the artist / track name when i click and hold the icon in the dock :-(((((

boo to that.

Suggested posts