Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Station like and unlike

Radio Station like and unlike

It appears that once you have chosen to like or dislike a song that shows up in a radio station, that you cannot undo that choice.  These buttons should be on a toggle in my opinion. I've clicked the button on accident a few times, and it would be nice to be able to take it right back.  Also just noticed that i had to thumb down 4 songs from en.yo in a row.  What method does it use to improve the station?

75 Replies

Do not under any circumstances subscribe to Spotify for it's radio feature. It's the weakest feature in the service.

Three years later and still no solution!

Really awesome of you guys to pay such close attention to your community, Spotify...

If you found my information useful, please "Like" it. Thanks!

Ba Bump? 
Having this same issue.....
Any solutions found?

2015: Still can't unlike/undislike songs on radio. Same with giving someone kutos or the "me too".  I really don't want to unsubcribe but I probably will, this is ridiculous. I mean how hard could it be to unlike or undislike something? Or hell, even add a prompt "Are you sure you would like to dislike this song? Doing so will remove it..blah blah blah." Youre free to use my prompt if you want.  Hopefully Pandora buys you guys out or something because we need changes. Also I can't delete playlist indefinitely, they will end up in "Recover Playlists" even if they have 0 songs and a blank title -_-. Everything listed could have been done on Day 1.

As of March 10, 2016 (and unless there actually is a solution, which I have not found).

I accidently "liked" 2 songs instead of disliking them on a radio station. I can't undo this, and you can't dislike a song you've liked. You're forced to keep the liked or disliked songs in that radio station.

(No, I am not referencing to playlists.)

Honestly, it's a very simple feature to implement/code. I'm astonished that there isn't a feature like this in 3 years. There's a solution for something like this, though. It's called Pandora. Or, the recently updated iTunes radio. Both have this feature.

You have not cancelled the solve button.

this is not a solutiion whatsoever.

I just switched from Pandora's premium to a 30 day trial of Spotify. Lots of features are better than Pandora, BUT.... these basic complaints listed in this feed are actually pretty essential for enjoyment of the music (and obviously the app), and the fact that it's been YEARS with no response from Spotify... yeah, I won't be paying twice as much for this. I'll stick with Pandora.

I mistakenly liked a song. There are absolutely no solutions to unliking it. IT WILL SHOW UP AGAIN AND AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. The only possible way to get around this is to cancel your account and creat a new one.

TO UNLIKE A SONG, YOU HAVE TO CREAT A NEW ACCOUNT. JUST LET THAT SINK IN.

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Oh the huge manitee!

The irony is that even this forum has the ubiquidous undo function for the LIKE button.

year 2017, but haven't any solution still

lol I know. Such a major limitation in the software that has meant people have had to create new accounts to fix it! Surely it can’t be that hard to simply keep a log of radio station likes and dislikes to let you undo/delete them.
I’ve stopped liking/disliking anything now. The risk of getting it wrong is too high. I just skip instead. Such a shame that I can’t improve my stations, but better than making them permanently worse.

Sad times.

I accidentally liked a very offensive song while I was trying to forward past it. (The forward and thumbs up buttons are next to each other. Poor placement.) Now the song is permanently in my radio playlist and I can't unlike it. The lyrics vividly describe a man on drugs chewing off the face of another man. It's horrid. And I can't stop it from popping up in the radio feed. Why???

You should be able to click 'never play this song again'. Try that out

Suggested posts