Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Send feedback' function removed: Are you serious?

Solved!

'Send feedback' function removed: Are you serious?

Since every Spotify update nowadays removes functions instead of adding or fixing them, I was kind of getting used it. 

But removing the ability to let your paying customers send you (possibly bad) feedback about it is even for Spotify more than bold.

For me that means, that:

1.: you know, that your current software is crap.

2.: you dont care about what your customers have to say.

3.: you dont want to change anything about it. 

With this step you really crossed the line. I am cancelling my subscription as soon as possible and am giving other services a chance. Tidal for example looked really promising. Even if you bring back all of the missing features I dont care about it anymore, you lost me as a customer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @greentearocks,

The feedback button was meant for the beta as far as I know.. The community is the best place to share your feedback, like you do in this post 😉

If you want it back, then I'd suggest creating a new suggestion in the ideas exchange (if someone hasn't already submitted it).

Feel free to share your feedback here in the community!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @greentearocks,

The feedback button was meant for the beta as far as I know.. The community is the best place to share your feedback, like you do in this post 😉

If you want it back, then I'd suggest creating a new suggestion in the ideas exchange (if someone hasn't already submitted it).

Feel free to share your feedback here in the community!

Last.fm | Twitter

So if the feedback button was meant for beta then does that mean this is out of beta?? And it still is broken... 

It's clearly still a beta so it should still have the Send Feedback option.

I'm sending feedback via the contact form. No option to rate the app there, though.

Follow me

I agree with what you are saying. Spotify wants everyone to share their feedback here on the community.

Last.fm | Twitter

@Jordi wrote:

The feedback button was meant for the beta as far as I know..

Interesting. More evidence that it actually was a public beta test. Shame on you, Spotify! Shame on you! I should seriously demand my money back for the last two months. By the way, I've already made a screenshot of this, so editing will not help.

@Streck0 

The new desktop app was released as a beta version back in October:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/td-p/932803

It included the "Send Feedback" button.

The 1.0.1, 1.0.2, and 1.0.3 version releases that the public has ARE NOT beta builds.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:
The 1.0.1, 1.0.2, and 1.0.3 version releases that the public has ARE NOT beta builds.

Well, I guess the only thing that we can agree on is that they are not openly referred to as beta builds. But that doesn't really make any difference for the user experience.

You know, it would be better for Spotify to confess that it was a beta and that they messed up. At least that way noone would think they released this as a finished product, which would imply incompetence of the highest degree.

Suggested posts