Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing my computer! :(

Spotify keeps crashing my computer! :(

It runs ok but after a while it crashes my computer (windows 7 64bit). Need to restart the pc using the restart button...:((((

It worked ok until it automatically reinstalled a fews days ago.

12 Replies

@JosiasH wrote:

It runs ok but after a while it crashes my computer (windows 7 64bit). Need to restart the pc using the restart button...:((((

It worked ok until it automatically reinstalled a fews days ago.

Welcome to the Community! have you tried a clean reinstallation?

Also, it could be another app causing the crash so it's well worth checking your event log to see if anything else could be causing the problem.

Thank you for your advice!

Did a clean reinstall, still crashing my pc. 

It crashes my computer with or without other softwares running at the same time.

I guess the best is to stop using spotify.

I am having the same problem...Spotify wanted to restart...so I restarted it.  After the restart...it rebooted my computer.  I uninstalled Spotify, and when i attempted to reinstall...it crashed my computer again.  I'm guessing there is a bug somewhere.  I'll give it a couple of days and try it again this weekend.   Maybe the problem will be fixed by then.  Running Windows 7.

@phinhead wrote:

I am having the same problem...Spotify wanted to restart...so I restarted it.  After the restart...it rebooted my computer.  I uninstalled Spotify, and when i attempted to reinstall...it crashed my computer again.  I'm guessing there is a bug somewhere.  I'll give it a couple of days and try it again this weekend.   Maybe the problem will be fixed by then.  Running Windows 7.

Are you getting an error code when it crashes? Is it crashing windows to blue screen? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

All is good now!  Thanks!

I did a windows update and is working fine now.

Thanks for reporting back guys! 🙂
If it starts happening again, let us know.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, so here we go. I have had some issues with my PC also after it was upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit. From time to time it crashed, causing a situation where I can only do a hard reset or shutdown

When I started to pay attention, I found out it happened when I was using the Spotify app on my desktop. Even more detailed: the crash happens each time after about 5 minutes. 

I tried other music services I have on my PC, like iTunes and Sonos and they don't cause any similar problems, so I was relieved to find more issues like this when I googled it. Then again: most people experienced this until about a year ago and I am still experiencing this issue.

Bottom line: I would conclude that the Spotify desktop app causes Windows 7 64-bit PC's to crash. I hope you can find a solution!

I have the same problem with my 64-bit Windows 10. And spotify web player causes the system to lag.

Im having the same problem. Except everytime i launch it, for 15 seconds i cant listen to anything, then it completely ices my pc forcing me to do a hard reset. I dont know whats causing this, but it never did this before. Any help would be appreciated.

also, even the web version seems to do it too

Suggested posts