Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays ALL songs from an artist, not just the one I select

Solved!

Spotify plays ALL songs from an artist, not just the one I select

After searching for an album by an artist, I click the big PLAY button next to the album. It starts playing, but looking at the Play Queue, it's filled with songs from other albums by this artist, not just the one I wanted to play. This *can't* be the way it works.  I'm trying to move from Rhapsody to the cool kid on the block, but even Rhapsody allowed me to play a single album at a time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are you clicking the play button on the album art when viewing the album on the artist's page?

If so then after the album plays, it will continue on and play the other albums on the page in order.

If you want to play JUST the album:

Click on the album title when you are on the artist page. This will take you to the album page. Now click the "Play" button at the top of the album page.

Does this help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Are you clicking the play button on the album art when viewing the album on the artist's page?

If so then after the album plays, it will continue on and play the other albums on the page in order.

If you want to play JUST the album:

Click on the album title when you are on the artist page. This will take you to the album page. Now click the "Play" button at the top of the album page.

Does this help?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for your suggestion. I clicked on the album *name* as you suggested, and then Play. It worked!

I understand that if I clicked on the big Play button at the top of the Artist page (with all their albums) , it would play everything.

But I was clicking on a specific album cover. I would think that would play just the album. This is where I was frustrated.

If this is how the App works, they should remove the Play functionality behind the Album cover.

Thanks again.

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

I don't think I can do this anymore in chrome or Safari. 

spotify.PNG

Suggested posts