Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track keep stopping and starting or jumping!!!

Track keep stopping and starting or jumping!!!

THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!   WILL SOMEONE AT SPOTIFY SORT IT OUT!!!

Tracks keep stopping and starting or will not play all the way through, all this started after new T&C's were introduced.

I have reinstalled flash and spotify still no success!!!

Spotify works fine on android, also it is not an ISP or computer problem as I have 100mb connection.

WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS BROKEN!!!

19 Replies

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Preferences from Edit.

Mine also does that. Even if it's on play, it suddenly just stops, and sometimes it doesn't start again before after a few minutes. It's really annoying. I don't either pay for problems, hope there's something I can do...  

I'm getting the same issue.  I've turned off hardware acceeleration but it seems to be happening on every song now.  It'll play for a few secondes, then stop for a second, and then continue to play through the rest of the song.  It's most annoying.  Only happens on the PC, it's fine on my squeezebox and phone and TV.

Yup, I'm now having the same issues.  

I don't understand what spotify are doing to their system - a couple of weeks ago they completely broke it, now this.

It's getting to the point that subscribing just isn't worth it.

I don't have jumping but tracks are stopping almost all the time.  From another thread this appears to be a problem with Virgin Media who appear to be throttling Spotify (it uses P2P) but a fix is due tomorrow (21st May) but it is beyond annoying!

I also have this problem and will be cancelling if its not sorted as its actually very stressful listening to it. I hope there is a solution as otherwise this is an excellent program. It happens on my phone

This seems to me to be a "feature" of the Spotify service as it's been an ongoing issue for several years now, and has never acknowledged as a BUG. It's also the one subject I've raised with their tech support and had no reply back - so they're probably sick of hearing about it knowing there's nothing they can say to help.

My experience is it "flares-up" as a problem now and then (particularly bad for me tonight). Plenty of bandwidth here, checked with ISP (who understand Spotify) and they have told me that there's no shaping on traffic between me and the Spotify servers.

Browsing the Spotify apps and other services (music searches etc.) are all affected by huge delays at the same time - so it would be a fair guess at this being a lack of capacity on the server side.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

stop start stop start stop start stop startstop startstop startstop startstop startstop start

anyone know how to fix this.

have uninstalled, reinstalled. what a waste of time. £9.99! rip off

Do you get the same experience on the web player https://play.spotify.com/ ?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, same problem on desktop and web player. I thought it was a bandwidth issue but same problem happens at work and home. On the web player I notice it gets stuck (for example, since it gets stuck randomly too) when it tries to load the related music image when a track changes. Spotify has obviously become too bloated. Discover is just annoying. Is there hope that spotify will go back to the brialliance of simple search for a huge catalog of music? PLEASE MAKE IT SIMPLE AGAIN!

Nothing works! Tracks are jumping. Besides, I got spotify, cause it was suppose to be easy. If it isn't: WIMP

Mine keeps doing it too. Is spotify going to fix it? It does it all the time on my iPhone and every 4th song or so at home. Really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

@Shub36 - Is it only on that device? Which iPhone and version of iOS are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes I have the same experience with the web player. Randomly through the song the song will just stop for a few seconds. It doesnt look like anythings changed on the interface but the timer on the song just freezes and nothing happens for  a few seconds and then it'll start up again as if nothing happened. I don't think this is a streaming issue because I don;t have this problem with any other website with music or videos.

I love spotify and it works with no problem on my iphone app but I can't get the program installed on my computer because of an internal exception error that pops up everytime I run the installer and the webplayer won't run smoothly. 

I would really appreciate a response and help getting things fixed because aside form these issues I think Spotify is great and would like to continue supporting it but it just seems like I haven't gotten a lot of support or much of an effort from tech to help me sort these problems out.

Thanks

The skipping, stopping, jumping around is even worse with play.spotify.com.  This is a bit ridiculous.  Any answers?

works fine on play.spotify but constant staop start on the app. shame. I'm 50Mb.

Hey there.

I'm on slow 1 Mbps / 0.5 Mbps Unlimited 10 € 3G internet and it works well on Spotify.

In my house it is 5/5 bars on my phone, but just to make sure, I moved to worse adress to visit someone, they have weaker 3G signal and it was almost at time 1-2/5 bars on my phone, in one room even GPRS... Still Spotify was working, even if I tested online songs.

I think you should try if things goes better with another internet mobile -> cable etc. Also simple re-install of app?

Kind regards,

Jyrziu :d

Changing ISP is NOT a solution..but thanks for your input....really, thanks.

I'm on 100M/bit cable and have no problems downloading large .mkv @10-12MB/s, streaming YT, or anything else for that matter... but when I bang on Spotify Web Player for a few tunes, WOW, its like someone keeps hitting th emute button. This has only started happening in my house in th elast month and its the same issue whether I try streaming through Chrome, FF or IE. 

At least the iPhone app still works ok, but as I said I pay for the full service and suggesting ppl change ISP is total garbage. 

I will not be renewing my subscription for very much longer, just looking at the age of this thread...they obviously couldnt give two hoots about subscribers.

I have a free account. I think if you inspect element, then scroll up, one of the div/s controls the ad bar. click on it. then backspace. That helped me.It wont do to just delete a specific line. delete the whole div for the ad bar. that kills the function that changes the ad. ad changing. slows ur computer.

Suggested posts