Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's the best way to find all the Soundtrack and Film Score albums on Spotify?

What's the best way to find all the Soundtrack and Film Score albums on Spotify?

I have tried searching using the genre: keyword but am having no luck.  I find myself spending way too much time trying to keep up with releases by using other sites like Sountrack.net and coming back to Spotify and then doing individual hit and miss searches.  Is there a better way?

Thanks for any help...

4 Replies

Hello there,

As there is no specific category 'soundtrack' in the Browse section by Genres, the best way I see, actually, is to type the word 'soundtrack' in the search box and to explore the results by clicking "See All" in the 4 categories of results : Artists, Albums, Playlists, Profiles

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The thing of it is that according to the genre list referenced in this blog post (https://news.spotify.com/us/2011/08/09/search-smart/) there are entries for Soundtrack, Soundtracks and Film Music.  However, they don't reliably return useful results.  Seems to me that eithe the genre tagging is screwed up or search is broken/abandoned.

That's an old blog post from 2011.

On the new version, all the genres searchable are listed on the section Browse > moods & genres.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I knew it was an old post, I just thought maybe they hadn't gotten around to updating the interface with that feature set.  But I guess that explains it then.  I'm going to do some experimenting with the API to see if I can see anything additional but in the meantime I guess I'm stuck with the ever-pleasant "it isi what it is" solution.

Thanks for the help

Suggested posts