Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Solved!

my spotify keeps saying its in offline mode and i cant make it switch to online..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Have you tried a basic reinstall of Spotify at all yet? You can get directions on how to do so here... http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Also, are you receiving any error codes at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

"We are investigating why the service is down for many users. Updates will be posted here once we have more information"
From the Twitter service update page 🙂 

Marked as solution

...annnd things should be back to normal. If you're still getting Error 404, just let me know. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

68 Replies

I have the exact same problem! I have followed all the guidelines (reinstalled the program, removed and then added Spotify to the Firewall exceptions) but it still won't go online. I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to Unlimited. Are the two related?

Marked as solution

Hey,

Have you tried a basic reinstall of Spotify at all yet? You can get directions on how to do so here... http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Also, are you receiving any error codes at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I had the same issue as the OP, a reinstall did indeed fix it

Yes, I have, and it works for a while, but every time I turn my computer off, I need to uninstall spotify and then download it again. Quite time-consuming and annoying...Is there another, permanent solution?

BTW, I just get the basic error code that spotify is offline, no special error codes or anything.

Ik have the exact same problem, help needed asap, I am a music addict

Same problem just now but I did get an error code, 404. A problem with the server atm perhaps? Eventhough the twitter page has nothing about it.

Some please help me

... and now I even have it on another computer, at work!

Marked as solution

"We are investigating why the service is down for many users. Updates will be posted here once we have more information"
From the Twitter service update page 🙂 

isn't working on my iPhone either but not everybody seems to have problems?

Ok, that might explain why it is down on another computer right now, but it still doesn't explain why I always need to reinstall Spotify at home before I use it. Some help please!

Sadly the only thing I would be able to come up with would be to make sure that you have saved Spotify on an appropriate harddrive and to run it as admin? 

When I try to log in I get a the message tat 'm offline with error code 404, even after I've logd out The problem returns.

Can somebody help me? 

Hello,

As you may have seen from our @SpotifyStatus twitter, we're looking into what might be causing this. You can click on the link below to check for further updates from our twitter page. If I'll hear anything, I'll try and keep you guys updated here too.
Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

...annnd things should be back to normal. If you're still getting Error 404, just let me know. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Yes, I can confirm it is working again.

Things are still not working for me though. I still get error code 114 and I still need to uninstall and reinstall Spotify every time I want to use it. Can you help me?

Come on, you guys! Anything?? Now I can't even access Spotify anymore after I uninstall an reinstall it. I'm certainly not paying for something I cannot use, so please give me something here! Error code 114, Offline Mode. What's the problem??

Hi kristin_vde- Error 114 is when a firewall is blocking Spotify from connecting. 

I recommend temporarily removing all firewalls and then doing a clean reinstallation of Spotify.

Once that download is complete please log in with your Facebook email/ password. Once you've successfully logged in just reinstall those firewalls, but make sure Spotify and Facebook are known exceptions. 

Suggested posts