11-05-2012 02:27 PM
17-05-2012 06:00 PM
Deleting all application data (when Spotify is not running), both ~/.cache/spotify and ~/.config/spotify have helped some.
13-06-2012 02:25 PM
1. Open Ubuntu Software Center
2. Go to menu Edit -> Software Sources
3. Go to tab "Other Software"
4. Click "Add", enter "deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free" in the box.
5. Enter your password in the authentication dialog that appears (note: this may not appear if you did some admin thing recently)
6. Locate the two entries containing http://repository.spotify.com that now appear in the list. Uncheck the one that ends in "(Source Code)"
7. Press "Close"
8. Enter "Spotify" in the search box in Ubuntu Software Center
9. Select "spotify-client", press "Install"
10. Pull up Unity, enter "spotify" and start the app.
11. Pin the icon in the launcher for easy access. (Right click and select "Lock to launcher").
27-06-2012 08:40 PM - edited 27-06-2012 08:43 PM
I updated the public key and installed version 0.8.4.103 a moment ago. Looks good. All the problems I had with the previous version seems to have gone away. Thanks!
11-05-2012 09:22 PM
This works for me. Grabs media keys and uses libnotify (ubuntu) for song information.
Get the script from http://code.google.com/p/spotify-notify/ and add it to startup applications with the parameter -s.
|Hi folks. We're aware that ... . We're investigating!|
To stay updated please come in here.
Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.