Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login using email address

Solved!

Can't login using email address

Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't find it.

In the windows desktop version I can't login with my email address, and the password, I have to always enter mi ID. Is it correct?

If I don't want to login with Facebook, I have always to remember my  ID number to login ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's FIXED!!  It seems the problem was I created my new account on my computer.  It took ages to figure out but I was impressed an agent stuck through it with me via chat help.  You will need to get an agent to free up your email account so you can create a new account using your email, but create that account from your phone or other device on which you use the spotify app, NOT the website.  After I did that, I was able to login in with my chosen user name rather than the ridiculously long random letter/number username.  The agent should then be able to transfer everything to the new account.  WOOHOO!!  I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

It depends on how your account was created.

If your account was created as a stand alone Spotify account, you need to log in using your Spotify username you chose during registration (that is not your email address) and your Spotify password.

If your account was created via Facebook, you need to use the same email address and password to log into Spotify as you use on Facebook.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your quick reply!

I signed up using Facebook, but now I want to change it. Is there a way I can remove the association with my FB account ?

See here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Why doesn't Spotify let users log in with email instead of their username?! This is usability 101. No one remembers usernames. Seems like Spotify is trying to make it harder to use an account so that users will choose to sign in with Facebook.

Asik gampang

I can't remember my user name or email I used. I've been trying for a long time with no success. I payed the premium coast so I need to log in to the account

I am unable to use the email address associated with my spotty account or username I chose. The username I am able to find when resetting is a random foguration of letters and numbers that is impossible to remember. When I log in, I am told I am logged in as the username I chose but I can't use it. Using Andorid app. Please help

I have exactly the same issue.  Just created a new account on family share NOT using Facebook, just my email account.  I chose a username but now apparently need to use an assigned user id that NO JOKE consists of 25 random letters and numbers.  **bleep**?!?!  And that is what I need to use to sign in with, the app on my phone and desktop won't allow me to sign in with my email OR chosen username.

TOO COMPLICATED!

@cathwithaq wrote:

I have exactly the same issue.  Just created a new account on family share NOT using Facebook, just my email account.  I chose a username but now apparently need to use an assigned user id that NO JOKE consists of 25 random letters and numbers.  **bleep**?!?!  And that is what I need to use to sign in with, the app on my phone and desktop won't allow me to sign in with my email OR chosen username.

TOO COMPLICATED!

OH MY GOD, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!
I've been messaging them for 5 days now telling them I wanna create a new account but everytime I try to it never even shows a "username" field, and then even if I do choose one it gives me a weird combination of letters and numbers. They keep telling me stuff about my location but that's not it! They are unable to give me a solution...

Marked as solution

It's FIXED!!  It seems the problem was I created my new account on my computer.  It took ages to figure out but I was impressed an agent stuck through it with me via chat help.  You will need to get an agent to free up your email account so you can create a new account using your email, but create that account from your phone or other device on which you use the spotify app, NOT the website.  After I did that, I was able to login in with my chosen user name rather than the ridiculously long random letter/number username.  The agent should then be able to transfer everything to the new account.  WOOHOO!!  I hope this helps.

How do you get on to an agent to help? Every time I attempt to get help or contact I am only able to view the community page?

Here is a email tools.com@gmail.com for you to have I am a male I live in China 🇨🇳 I have made a crime before I have a house I have a Facebook account a twitter account and a google account I have Facebook and Twitter I have a job that starts with a f I have several jobs I speek mostly Chinese I speek some English. Thank you 😊 here is a email of the China flag 🇨🇳 

As you said "If your account was created via Facebook, you need to use the same email address and password to log into Spotify as you use on Facebook."

I have used the same email and password to log in but it said "Username or password is invalid." How could this be solved?

Suggested posts