Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete radio station

Solved!

Delete radio station

Hi

I accidentally added a radio station for someone I really didn't want to but can't find a way to delete them from my list

Can anyone please help and tell me how to?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is currently no way to delete Radio stations, bit of a pain I know! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@monkey123mind wrote:

Oh dear... Spotify has missed a trick here... come on dudes.. dont you read this Sh**t and know that users are Pi**ed with the very strange notion of adding stations only for them to be there FOREVER!!! 

Please..please..please.. sort this out.. this should be very simple. 

We are aware of the high demand for this issue. I should point out though that as things stand created stations don't remain on your account forever. New ones will push the older ones out, so you'll have a maximum of 20 at any one time.

I hope that clears things up a little.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

It's a free world and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. For the official answer on this topic, check out Spotify's response to this idea and add your support there which will have more impact than complaining in this thread.

Marked as solution

If your priority is radio then Pandora will be perfect for you. I prefer having total control over what I listen to and access to a huge music base.

Marked as solution

Ditto.  I actually was a Premium subscriber, but canceled my subscription - out of principal, really.  You would think this would be a basic - but apparently not to the chiefs at Spotify.  They can do without my 5 bucks or whatever it was for Premium - but sure wish they would realize it might be kind of lucrative for them to actually provide a basic service to those of us who would pay for an actual "premium" service!

Marked as solution

Just to follow up with an official response, Delete Radio Stations is now available for users on Desktop, Web and Android. With iOS to follow shortly.

Feedback? Let us know!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

I remember someone telling me about this when the feature was first added. Due to the way Spotify handles the radio stations, you always have to have at least one. If you create a new station, you will then be able to remove that one.

Peter

Marked as solution

That explains it. Thanks... Not impressed at all with the software, but your answer provided the solution...

Marked as solution

YAY!!!!!! I just realized you can delete radio stations! Woo hoo! Thank you spotify for listening!!

253 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is currently no way to delete Radio stations, bit of a pain I know! 

Peter

Peter

Hello,
as Peter said, there is no such possibillity at the moment. However, if this is something you would like to see in an update, please follow this link to the ideas-section an add your kudos. http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-Delete-Radio-Stations/idi-p/10639
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Thanks Peter for your help. That's seems a but stupid to me that you can't do it at all. Oh well really annoying but not a deal breaker

Oh dear... Spotify has missed a trick here... come on dudes.. dont you read this Sh**t and know that users are Pi**ed with the very strange notion of adding stations only for them to be there FOREVER!!! 

Marked as solution

@monkey123mind wrote:

We are aware of the high demand for this issue. I should point out though that as things stand created stations don't remain on your account forever. New ones will push the older ones out, so you'll have a maximum of 20 at any one time.

I hope that clears things up a little.

I just started checking out this service, and can't believe how hard it is to find info. This is one of the things that I spent WAY TOO LONG looking for how to do it- I'd never have imagined that it wasn't possible.

The worst part is that I didn't even add these stations to mine. I just clicked on the genre to check it out, and viola: it's a new station of mine. That really sucks, because I HATED the music.

How can I check genres/artists/songs out without being stuck with it? How can I understand how the Facebook integration works? I don't know WHAT I'm sharing right now, or with who. There's no documentation, as you know; If you need to focus your attention and budget on programming, can't you at least start a wiki for other helpful users to start filling in the blanks for you? I'm quite sure they would gladly. 

I share the flabergasted annoyance of the dozens of other people who have commented on this.

Also, and with all due respect to the complexity that perhaps exists in addressing this, to suggest that one can somehow solve the inherent annoyance of the problem by simply adding more stations and thereby "pushing" the others off the list misses the issue completely.  

First off, I don't want to create 20 stations to delete the inadvertent ones created by bad design.  I also assume stations will be "pushed off" in the order they were created.  So if I've got 3 stations I want to keep and then inadvertently create a bad one, I'll have to push off my 3 desired stations before I can knock off the bad one.  

Spotify has known about the huge level of customer demand to delete (and rename) radio stations a very long time. You can see "delete radio stations" as #10 below. This is the top 10 requested changes for Spotify, for all time. And these features have been on this top list for over a year and not a single one of them has been implemented.

spotify-ideas-top.png

Unfortunately, this leaves the Spotify support personnel with nothing to give the customers except terrible things like "make 20 more radio stations to get rid of the one you just made by mistake".

Obviously this is not a solution, but with Spotify product management not listening to their customers and not having the developers put this ever so simple fix in the code, it is the only available "course of action".

Which is terrible for everyone, basically. There is no solution and no likelihood of there ever being a solution.

totally agree, and as a new user am surprised.  how was this not a very, very basic UI/design consideration?? 

suggests serious, disconcerting engineering and coding issues if a simple delete cannot be implemented easily.  hmmm....

Good reply Ricjard but fix Spotify before people bail!

I just searched the forums for delete radio station and was happy to find this thread - UNTIL I READ IT!  ???? Not being able to delete a station is ridiculous. Seriously. I'm sure the api exists to do this otherwise your test db would be full of test stations, not to mention the code is in place to clear them after 20 stations are added. A simple button with a confirmation shouldn't be too hard to add. It's so annoying to see a Rhianna station on my short list of stations. I have no idea how it even got there. PLEASE JUST FIX IT.

Headed back to Pandora and Slacker.  Let me know when this is fixed.

As well as deleting specific radio stations it would be nice to be able to edit them with other artists I enjoy to get more variety without changing stations. The delete option is a must

Pssst Spotify,

I'll let you in on a secret. Right now "Delete radio station" is #10 on your all time requested list.

If you fixed this, more people would actually use it. Right now, it's virtually useless.

See what happens when you have immature management. Your desktop programmers need "a time out in the corner"...

New to Spotify -- agree, of course.  Some stations have appeared seemingly out of nowhere, some are the result of checking out a genre etc.  Fairly crazy, since I thought one idea of Spotify was to explore new music.  In this case, curiosity definitely doesn't pay off.

No idea if it's useful to post here, but it was helpful for me to find a thread on it since there's nothing on this in Spotify Help.  

I'll boost it on the "features requested page."

Where is that? I couldn't find it. 😕

It was bad enough that I could not find any user info for this service, but when I finally resorted to a search on this forum I NEVER expected to read "There is no way to delete stations." That is ridiculous. 

I am new to streaming services and as a recent purchaser of an iTouch5 am trying out and comparing various cloud storage and play services from Amazon, Google, and others.  I'm a musician and willing to pay if I find something worth paying for. 

For now, I didn't like what was playing and was told I couldn't skip any more tracks, so I figured I'd delete that station, since it didn't really represent my tastes well based on just one song.  While trying to figure out how to get rid of it, I accidentally hit one of the "recommended" crap stations below it, and then my efforts to figure out how to get rid of that one led to at least four more crap stations.  Mariah Carey?  That's just adding aural insult to technical injury.

I may give it another try on another day when I'm less annoyed, but for now I'll give Pandora a try.

Brand new to Spotify after getting tired of hearing Pandora's eight songs played over and over again.  In researching services I learned that Pandora has 60+ million users and Spotify has around 20 million.  That disparity did not make sense given what on paper seems to be Spotify's superiority.  After wrestling with the service for two days I can now understand why Spotify is not more popular.  Its user experience is harsh.  The interface is not intuitive and problems like not being able to delete radio stations abound.  The music is more diverse so I may stick around but my decision to upgrade has been put on hold until I get a better idea how to use the service.  

'

This is completely mistifying.  I do like the service, but find the spotify desktop application to be a complete disaster on so many levels.  The top 10 list reflects my dislikes perfectly, and it's demoralizing to hear that some of these requests have been on the top 10 list for over a year. 

On the plus side, the music selection is truly stellar, far better than Pandora.

But the end effect is I don't get the selection of music I want without manually building playlists, which I don't have time for (or desire to do).  I like to consume large amounts of music while expending as little effort as possible, with a mix of stuff I already know I like and new tunes.  Pandora does that better with it's limited library and tendency to repeat too often, simply because it has a better set of organizational and customizing tools for it's radio. 

I'm back to Pandora as I type this.  Sad.

Suggested posts