Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete radio station

Solved!

Delete radio station

Hi

I accidentally added a radio station for someone I really didn't want to but can't find a way to delete them from my list

Can anyone please help and tell me how to?
253 Replies

Updates are rolling out to all users. I can delete radio stations now in the desktop client, web player and on android, Your rant has come a little late I'm afraid.

Almost 1,5 years to integrate a deletion feature into this service... I wonder who's a bit late here..

Who cares, its fixed now.  Move on.

Can we lock all these radio threads now?

Tempting but probably best to wait until the update reaches everyone, @Rollo_ 🙂

People baffle me sometimes. They whine about a "missing" feature and, when it arrives, they whine about how long it took.

The latest official update in the ideas section was "Hey everyone. We're back. And we're excited to announce this idea status is now "Watch this space". Today we released a new Android update with the ability to delete radio stations (0.7.8). Just do a long hold on the station and select 'Delete station'. Keep an eye here for updates on this feature in other clients."

@Rollo, thanks for the advice to move on. I'm sure Spotify will be glad to know that I moved on several months ago and I'm very happy with Slacker. I'm not going to bother checking out the spotify update because I don't do business with companies that treat their customers the way they do.

I'm baffled too; by people who claim that because a problem is fixed for Android users only it is therefore fixed. Also by people who manage to hold jobs though it takes them a year and a half to complete a task.  And by people so unempathetic that complaints about such slackness and incompetence strikes them, self-servingly, as whining.

Its fixed in the Windows desktop app.  Read what I've said.

If the reports are true, within 1 month everyone should have this feature. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You said, " the full installer link still points to the 0.9.7 version right now.  It will change eventually, be patient."  After a year and a half still preaching patience.  You must work in IT, the perfect  field for passive aggressive Aspergerites.

@stourleyk wrote:

You said, " the full installer link still points to the 0.9.7 version right now.  It will change eventually, be patient."  After a year and a half still preaching patience.  You must work in IT, the perfect  field for passive aggressive Aspergerites.

I do not.  Experience has told me that is how it works here.  Please don't climb up my butt when I'm trying to help.

And another check earlier today has it still pointing to 0.9.7.  I could offer you privately an alternative method to obtain the new full installer file, but you can kiss one that good-bye.  Wait like everyone else for all I care.

Amazed that they might finally be getting around to this.  After how many years?  Glad you listened Spotify.

Marked as solution

Just to follow up with an official response, Delete Radio Stations is now available for users on Desktop, Web and Android. With iOS to follow shortly.

Feedback? Let us know!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for allowing delete at last.

I must be missing something. Just joined, just downloaded the mac desktop app, just installed on my iPhone and iPad. You can't delete stations from anywhere. I wouldn't close out this thread out yet.

You tried hovering over the stations to see if a x appeared?

Yes... It just shows an icon that allows me to share. This is mac version 0.98.296, downloaded from spotify just this morning

Not here in Silicon Valley, on Sunday April 20. On a Mac using Mavericks.

It's not possible on iOS yet as far as I am aware (iPhone and iPad).

Peter

Is it possible to get a screenshot?

Peter

Running Mavericks, Mac OS, I saw the comment about IOS... But the mac desktop app should allow it, if it is now "fixed". I am reporting that I just downloaded the desktop app on my mac, and it is NOT allowing deletion of stations. Everyone seems to be patting spotify on the back, buti am apparently hosed as a mac user

Suggested posts