Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Started with Linux

Getting Started with Linux

I ran the instructions in terminal exactly, everything exectued fine.  But where do I go from here?  I searched over every location and kicked back nothing but an empty Spotify file somewhere in system files and some .pgn icons.  I re-ran the instructions via copy-paste to ensure everything was right.  It attempted to update but since I did it right the first time it kicked 0 updated 0 installed 10 unchanged.

I went to google and I found an old article that said I should type spotify into terminal after running the install instructions.  So I did that. The terminal kicked back

"cttipton@Bugger:~$ spotify
spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

What should I do?

1 Reply

You should learn something about Linux. It would be easier to give specific instructions if you old us things like what distribution you use. That's a well described problem on this forum (try searching for it), typically solved by installing libgcrypt11. (Your distribution probably comes with libgcrypt20 as default). I believe I've just kept the version from Debian wheezy installed when I upgraded to Debian Jessie.

Suggested posts